Position Instructional Designer Full Time/Part Time Full Time Job Type Regular Position Summary
The Instructional Designer will be responsible for working collaboratively with faculty in the Facundo Valdez School of Social Work in the planning, designing, developing, documenting, and reviewing courses in different delivery modalities (online, blended, synchronous, asynchronous, interactive web applications and technologies). The IDS will collaborate with project teams, subject matter experts, librarians, professors, and the Center for Teaching Excellence ( CTE ). This position is funded by the Title-V SWEEP (Social Work Enhancement and Education Project) Grant that supports increased retention and graduation rates of Hispanic and low-income social work students.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Adapt and design synchronous and asynchronous courses, which include instructional strategies for educational technology and creative pedagogy.
• Conduct needs analysis, course development, and course evaluation.
• Work collaboratively with faculty/subject matter experts to assist in the development of various multimedia elements.
• Utilize authoring tools (such as Articulate 360 or Captivate) to teach and track professional development opportunities provided for faculty, staff, and students.
• Utilize instructional design models to ensure excellence in the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of online course content and delivery.
• Apply a course development rubric for quality and consistency of NMHU courses.
• Schedule regular training sessions utilizing NMHU supported technologies and applications.
• Document all faculty assistance, write instructional development plans and status updates.
• Remain up-to-date on developments in the online learning and related technology fields.
• Advocate for and research best practices for teaching and learning.
• Collaborate with the Center for Teaching Excellence ( CTE ).
• Provide mentoring sessions for faculty as needed.
• Maintain regular attendance.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
A Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design or a closely related field.
• Two (2) years in instructional design, experience in developing courses (synchronous, asynchronous, hybrid).
• Experience with e-Learning technology platforms and learning management systems.
Master’s Degree in Instructional Design or closely related field
• Experience in graphics development and video editing using relevant software (e.g., PhotoShop, iMovie, Premiere, VideoStudio.)
• Teaching experience at the college level
• Familiarity with Quality Matters
Special Conditions for Eligibility Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of university environment
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 suite, Learning Management Systems, Zoom, and Respondus
• Knowledge of computers, office equipment, and computer programs
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships
• Ability to interact professionally with faculty and program staff
• Ability to communicate both orally and in writing at a high level
• Ability to utilize independent judgement
• Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision
• Repetitive hand motions and prolonged use of computer
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to forty (40) pounds
• Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
• Work is normally performed in an office or training lab environment
• Occasional travel required
Pay Rate Commensurate with experience Work Location/Campus Center Albuquerque/SW Campus EEO Statement
New Mexico Highlands University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We are committed to the University values of diversity, accessibility, excellence, and responsiveness.
For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or email email@example.com
Visit the link below for more information regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity:
Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW
Posting Number AS465P Open Date 04/01/2021 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
A complete online application must include: 1) Letter of interest/cover letter; 2) Resume; 3) Names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of three (3) Professional references in application, and 4) Unofficial copies of transcripts. Candidates who are invited for on-campus interviews will be required to submit official transcripts. References will be contacted in conjunction with on-campus interview. Upload required materials with online application. For disabled access or services call (505) 454-3242 or contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. NMHU IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER .
Quick Link https://nmhu.peopleadmin.com/postings/6456 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree