About Salve Regina University:
Salve Regina University, ranked as one of the most transformative colleges in the United States by Money Magazine and among the best regional universities in the north by U.S. News and World Report, is a comprehensive Catholic University located in the scenic coastal community of Newport, Rhode Island. The University's commitment to academic success and personal discovery extends beyond its historic campus into a dynamic world where the application of higher thinking and skill are most valued. Salve Regina offers associate, bachelor's and master's degree programs, graduate certificates, and doctoral programs in humanities, international relations and nursing. Enrollment includes more than 2,600 undergraduate and graduate students from across the U.S. and around the world.
The Advancement Writer supports the University's fundraising priorities by writing and editing content for external communications and presentations, annual fund solicitations, major gift proposals, stewardship letters, impact reports, online alumni and donor content, and campaign related materials. The Advancement writer will work closely with Advancement leadership and University Marketing and Communications to ensure that the Advancement messaging is targeted and consistent with the values of a Mercy institution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides high-level writing and editing for external communications that support the goals and objectives of University Advancement.
- Proactively seeks out, identifies and develops compelling, timely content for communication with major gift prospects and donors.
- Working with the Annual Giving staff and in collaboration with University Marketing and Communications, writes content for fund raising appeals and multi-channeled campaigns.
- Assists with the development and execution of a comprehensive stewardship program for University donors.
- Supports capital fund raising efforts, including working with campaign communications vendor and in the writing of proposals and grant requests.
- Assists with the production of digital content by writing and editing video scripts for fund raising campaigns.
- Develops and oversees key communications projects.
- Provides counsel to Advancement team members on messaging and content development to ensure that communications are clear, correct and aligned with the University's Strategic Compass and mission.
- Partners with the University's marketing communications team on Advancement project messaging and timelines.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As assigned by the Assistant Vice President for Advancement.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Professional writing experience is required and experience in development and/or grant writing is preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work proactively and independently under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office, Power Point, and other on-line applications is required.
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Valid driver's license required.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible employees including:
- health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- 403B plan
- tuition benefits and more
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants. No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment background checks and reference checks are required of successful candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.