Assistant Professor of Political Science (Begins Fall 2021)
The University of Texas Permian Basin seeks a faculty member for its undergraduate political science program. The position is at the rank of Assistant Professor (tenure-track).
UT Permian Basin is one of seven academic institutions in the University of Texas System; there are also six health science institutions in the UT System. The Department of Social Sciences has ten full-time faculty. The Department has undergraduate programs in criminal justice, criminology, sociology, and political science; it also has two graduate programs (a master of public administration program and a master of criminal justice administration program). The political science program includes three full-time faculty.
Questions about the search may be directed to Dr. Robert Perry, Search Committee Chair and Associate Professor, at email@example.com.
Candidates are asked to apply online, and to submit the
1. Letter of Interest
2. Curriculum Vitae/CV
3. Research and Teaching Statement
4. Summary of Course Evaluations if applicable
5. List of Three References (With Complete Contact Information)
6. Transcripts from each degree-granting institution (for review of applications, may submit unofficial transcripts; prior to issuing a letter of appointment, official transcripts from each degree-granting institution must be submitted).
The review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of the hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
The University offers an excellent compensation package which includes a broad range of employee benefits including free health insurance (employee only) as well as a generous retirement program. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
The University of Texas Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EOE, including disability/vets.
UTPB participates in e-Verify.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Odessa
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Odessa
- Political Science & International Relations Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Odessa