Professor in Psychology
Providence University College invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in psychology at the rank of Assistant Professor, beginning July 1, 2021. The application period will remain open until the position is filled. In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens or landed immigrants.
The successful candidate will have:
- a PhD in Psychology from an accredited university (ABD in a PhD program may be considered).
- some experience in teaching at the undergraduate (or graduate) level, with potential for excellence in doing so.
- an ability to teach Introduction to Psychology as well as mid and upper level courses.
- evidence of the potential to be a strong mentor and advisor to students majoring in psychology.
- a record or promise of scholarly achievement.
- an ability to work with students, faculty, and staff in a collegial environment.
- a commitment to infusing psychology education with Christian faith.
Providence University College is a Christ-centred University College in the evangelical tradition with a vision to transform students into leaders of character, knowledge, and faith. Its mission is to educate students at a university level to think, live, and serve effectively in the church and society in a changing world. Therefore, the successful candidate will also:
- be fully supportive of the Providence Mission, Vision and Values.
- subscribe without reservation to the Providence Covenant of Faith.
- uphold the Providence Covenant of Community Life.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume by email to:
Catherine Rust-Akinbolaji, University College Dean
c/o Marlin Reimer, Human Resources Manager
- Targeted start date for position: July 1, 2021.
- Consideration of applications will continue until the position is filled.
- All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected to proceed in the application process will be contacts.
- Further information about Providence University College may be found at https://www.prov.ca/
Apply for Professor in Psychology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly