Student Engagement Coordinator
This position develops leadership programming and co-curricular/curricular alignment opportunities and supports student clubs/organizations. The Student Engagement Coordinator actively contributes to LLCC’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion serving as a resource for identifying student needs and perceptions of campus climate; developing programs, strategies, and interventions for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within the student population; and serving on the Campus Climate Team. Additionally, this position develops policies for office personnel, maintains the department budgets and oversees the student engagement program.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Foster student engagement and learning by designing, implementing, and providing oversight of comprehensive programming related to leadership and professional development, cultural competency, celebrating diverse lived experiences, and other topics related to the intellectual stimulation and identity development of students.
- Provide oversight of all Student Engagement functions including supervision and leadership of program assistant and student workers.
- Manage contracts for services, performances, etc. that support student engagement.
- Develop assessment measures to determine effectiveness of the student engagement program, including development of program outcomes, compilation of data related to student participation, and other assessment as appropriate.
- Provide support and oversight for registered student clubs and organizations, including, but not limited to providing training for club leaders and advisors and interpreting and enforcing college policies and procedures for student clubs and organizations.
- Recruit, advise, support and train Student Government Association (SGA) members and students who serve on Quality Council teams, and oversee the annual election process for the SGA and Student Trustee.
- Advise, train, and support the Logger Activities Board.
- Oversee the day-to-day functions of the LLCC Food Pantry.
- Provide support and assistance, on an as needed basis, to new student experience efforts including, but not limited to, assisting with orientation welcome and technology sessions, leading tours, planning/coordinating New Student Welcome, etc.
- Assist with LLCC’s annual commencement ceremony. Plan and implement LLCC’s student recognition ceremony.
- Manage student involvement on college committees.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least one year of experience with student club advising and leadership/development training.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population.
- Ability to collaborate with appropriate stakeholders and solve problems.
- Detail orientation, strong analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, multi-tasking capabilities, and good time management skills.
- Knowledge of basic computer programs and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to consistently work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends and travel locally, regionally, and nationally with student leaders.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check and drug screen. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience but will be no less than $48,204 per year with an excellent benefits package. The full position description, qualifications and application can be accessed at www.llcc.edu/hr. Interested applicants should apply online no later than April 18, 2021.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Southern View
- Student Affairs Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Southern View
- Other Student Affairs Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Southern View
- Student Activities & Services Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Southern View