Director, Office of Institutional Equity/Title IX Coordinator
Director, Office of Institutional Equity/Title IX Coordinator
Job ID: 224659
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Responsible for providing vision, leadership and strategic direction for Kennesaw State University's Office of Institutional Equity. Oversees staff that investigate internal EEO and Title IX claims. Ensures compliance with EEO laws and guidelines and implement policies related to EEO and Title IX.
- Provides vision, leadership and strategic direction for the department; serves as an independent resource for complainants and respondents in the processing, investigation and resolution of discrimination, harassment and sexual misconduct complaints
- Oversees prompt, effective, equitable intake, investigation, processing, issuing of findings of fact, timely resolution of all instances of discrimination, harassment, gender-based misconduct, retaliation reported or filed by students, faculty, staff or third parties
- Ensures compliance with University System of Georgia and KSU policies related to non-discrimination, sexual misconduct, retaliation, and equity
- Supervises investigators that conduct the intake assessment and response to reports of discrimination and sexual misconduct
- Facilitates appropriate accommodation requests, support services, and other interim or protective measures
- Responsible for evaluation of statistics, analysis of investigations, and drafting determination of results
- Provides daily oversight for the management of the Office of Institutional office; prepares performance evaluations for professional and administrative employees
- Monitors compliance with procedural requirements, record-keeping, and timeframes outlined in applicable departmental procedures
- Manages the department budget, including developing budget proposals, justifying expenses and monitoring accounts
- In coordination with other departments, develops and administers the University's comprehensive education and training efforts related to non-discrimination and sexual misconduct
- Provides a robust array of programs, workshops, and other opportunities aimed at the prevention of discrimination/harassment and gender-based misconduct
- Conducts specialized training for hearing officers/boards, investigators, and appeal officers
- Coordinates with Student Affairs, Human Resources, Public Safety and other appropriate offices on investigations
- Works with Student Affairs to develop and implement student disciplinary procedures and coordinate interim measures for students when appropriate
- Provides accurate, sound and expert advice to the University Community as it relates to EEO and Title IX matters
- Participates as a member of the Behavioral Response Team (BRT)
Graduate degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Human Resources, Social Work, Gender Studies, Law or other closely related areas is required.
Ten (10) or more years of demonstrated experience in supervising and/or conducting discrimination, harassment and sexual harassment investigations within an Equal Opportunity Compliance Program or within Human Resources/Employee Relations function, or an equivalent combination of demonstrated relevant skills and experience.
Extensive knowledge of Equal Opportunity, Title IX and Civil Rights laws and regulations (including Title VII, VAWA, ADA, ADEA, Equal Pay Act) is required.
Experience in program initiation, development and implementation through effective collaboration with other offices and individuals.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Administrative experience in higher education
Title IX Coordinator/Civil Rights Investigator certifications Experience with Maxient or other similar databases
Preferred Educational Qualifications
PhD or JD preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Demonstrated commitment to equal access and equal opportunity
Ability to communicate effectively and with sensitivity and to appropriately handle confidential and sensitive issues, content, and language in managing the anti-discrimination investigations, complaints, reports, data, etc.
Capable of working effectively and efficiently as a team member and strategic campus partner
Ability to design and deliver training programs to all constituencies of the campus and demonstrate accountability with respect to attendance and assess the effectiveness of these trainings
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Demonstrated working knowledge of current state and federal laws and regulations, institutional policies, practices and procedures, identified best practices and trends in the field of higher education, including but not limited to prevention and elimination of discrimination and harassment in compliance with Title IX, Title VI, Title VII, VAWA, ADA, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, Equal Pay Act, and ADEA, as amended
Advanced analytical, evaluative, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
Skilled in effective investigation techniques, compiling, analyzing and reporting statistical data and ability to reach sound decisions and conclusion
Strong collaborative skills and ability facilitate small groups, build relationships and balance the multiple interests of diverse stakeholders
Demonstrated management skills
Demonstrative excellence in research, writing, drafting and client counseling skills
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem-solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=224659&PostingSeq=1