Full-Time A.D.N. Instructor
Full-Time A.D.N. Instructor
Posting Number: 0001037
PS Position#: 00000272
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Salary is based on the Lee College Faculty Salary Scale - 12 Month. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and experience.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Please note - This is a contract position.
Faculty schedules vary by semester. Candidate may be required to teach evening, weekend, summer, online, hybrid, and/or distance education courses.
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation
of the program of learning.
- Participate in development of semester schedule.
- Assist the Team Leader in the development of the course
- Participate in the development of policies and standards, which
affect students and faculty.
- Plan and provide learning experiences for students based on
- Create a wholesome, meaningful environment for learning in the
classroom and laboratory.
- Utilize innovative teaching strategies to meet the learning
needs of a diverse student population: which may include, but are
not limited to, interactive video technology, online format, and
other uses of technology in the classroom and lab
- Provide students with direction for utilizing all available
educational resources (e.g., library, computer/skills lab,
personnel, clinical, etc.).
- Make recommendations and participate in decision making when
determining clinical agencies for student placement.
- Attend and participate in Team Meeting of course(s) one is
teaching, as well as Team Meetings of related courses as
- Attend ADN/VN faculty meetings.
- Assist with developing tests questions, blueprints, and
analysis of items in compliance with the Test policy.
- Participate in selection of textbooks, instructional aids, and
other educational equipment/resources.
- Participate in the selection and orientation of the freshman
- Collaborate with Team Leader of course to determine best
methods of meeting course objectives.
- Contact clinical facility assigned and plan rotation schedule
for one's clinical group.
- Provide direct supervision of students practicing in a clinical
area, including patient selection, observation of students in the
delivery of patient care, evaluating the performance of students'
nursing skills, and conducting/scheduling post
- Ensure students are competent in nursing skills and procedures
before implementing them in hands-on patient care.
- Grade written work required of students and relay grades to
Team Leader in a timely fashion.
- Keep accurate record of students' attendance, progress, and
- Evaluate students' performance in the clinical area on the
C.E.T. forms and at midterm and end of semester on summative
- Participate in academic advisement and counseling of students
within area of responsibility.
- Serve on one (1) College committee and one (1) division
committee, and/or as a faculty sponsor for a student
- Serve as a mentor to a new faculty as needed.
- Begin classes and labs on time and promptly notify the
appropriate instructional administrator in the event of an
- Encourage students to engage in self-evaluation in regard to
behavior and academic/clinical performance.
- Report student problems to the appropriate instructional administrator as deemed necessary.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Attend and participate in all faculty, committee, and
- Assist with student registration as assigned.
- Engage in evaluation programs in an effort to assess teaching
skills/strategies and to improve effectiveness.
- Maintain professional competence and participate in
professional development activities.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with students,
fellow faculty members, administration, staff, and clinical
- Perform other functions consistent with an instructor's
professional responsibilities when requested by the appropriate
- Assist in the recruitment of students when
- Serve as a good public relations agent, both in the classroom
and the community.
- Create and evaluate yearly self-goals.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Master’s (or higher) degree in Nursing
- Three (3) years of related, non-teaching work experience as a
- Must hold a current license or privilege to practice as a
Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- Experience teaching nursing at the postsecondary
- Must be able to lift a minimum of twenty-five (25)
- Strong organizational and time management skilss
- Must be computer proficient
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as required
- Due to the nature of pre-licensure nursing education, recent
clinical experience combined with an understanding of the role of
the nurse educator in a higher education environment is
- Clinical experience preferred in the areas of pediatrics, medical-surgical, critical care, obstetrics, and psychiatric nursing.
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, teaching philosophy, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6852
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.