Associate Dean for Diversity and Strategic Initiatives
Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science
The University of Texas at Dallas
The Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science at The University of Texas at Dallas invites applications for the inaugural Associate Dean for Diversity and Strategic Initiatives (DSI), which also includes matters of equity and inclusion. As a newly created role, the Associate Dean will lead the development and implementation of strategies to build and maintain a diverse and inclusive faculty, staff and student body and support equity in research, teaching, practice and community engagement. This is a full-time position that is 50% administrative and 50% faculty. Faculty appointment will be at a rank consistent with qualifications and experience.
The Associate Dean will:
- collaborate with the Dean, the senior Jonsson School leadership team, and faculty leadership to envision, strategize and advocate for measurable actions leading toward greater diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the Jonsson School.
- lead the development and implementation of the school’s strategic commitment to Diversity and Diversity-related policies by establishing processes and initiatives that foster an inclusive learning and working environment where all members of the school community have an equal opportunity to succeed and feel a sense of belonging.
- serve as the official point-of-contact and representative for all Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and engagement efforts within the School.
- develop, implement, and maintain programs to recruit and retain a diverse talent in the Jonsson School.
- engage with student organizations to support equity initiatives.
- develop evaluation tools and establish metrics to measure progress and promote continuous assessment and improvement of diversity efforts.
- represent the School at conferences, workshops, and other meetings of professional societies, and serve as liaison to industry and government groups on matters related to Diversity.
- plan and manage Diversity education and training, and deliver training to Jonsson School faculty and staff.
- chair the School-wide Diversity Committee.
- develop and maintain relationships to create innovative pathways to support Diversity.
Professional Experience and Qualifications
- PhD or equivalent terminal degree in an engineering or science discipline commensurate for faculty rank in the Jonsson School.
- Evidence of excellence in classroom teaching, research, and scholarly work appropriate to qualify the candidate for appointment as a tenured associate or full professor in one of our departments.
- Progressive administrative experience and a record of significant departmental or university service.
- Experience working effectively as part of an executive leadership team characterized by trust, open communication, and shared goals.
- Effectiveness in managing and building strong working relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Commitment to working with a diverse population of faculty, students and staff.
- Knowledge of trends, current research, and effective practices in diversity and broadening participation to support the success of marginalized groups in engineering.
Individuals from underrepresented populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Complete applications will include a cover letter, current CV, statement of administrative philosophy and accomplishments, statement on diversity, equity and inclusion – including past accomplishments and vision, and contact information for three references.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richardson
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richardson
- Engineering Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richardson
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richardson
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richardson