Learning Designer and Course Developer
Jarvis Christian College is seeking to contract a Learning Designer and Course Developer, with learning design and course development skills and experience to create engaging and innovative learning experiences in partnership with the college’s faculty and potentially subject matter experts. The creation process would include establishing new courses as well as improving courses. Jarvis uses Quality Matters to review and approve courses.
Contract Responsibilities and Essential Duties include:
- Quality of the online education experience, cultivating best practices.
- Faculty orientation and training, including ongoing workshops that are consistent with best practices.
- Provide instructional design oversight in collaboration with deans, chairs and lead professors.
- In collaboration with Information Technology, provide oversight of the College’s LMS and associated learning technologies.
- Design and create templates for course shells in the LMS for online and hybrid courses.
- Review and approve all new online and hybrid courses to ensure that they meet and are consistent with College standards.
- Assist in the assessment of online learning, including data gathering and analysis of student learning.
- Master’s degree in Education, Instructional Design, or Educational Technology, or other related field.
- Previous experience in course design and development.
- Proven experience working with faculty.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Ability to create interactive learning objects using various development tools.
- Deep understanding of pedagogy, quality matters, and the student experience.
- Extensive experience in using Desire2Learn (Brightspace Learning Environment).
Apply for Learning Designer and Course Developer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly