Assistant Professor, Graphic Design
Endicott College is located in the beautiful seaside town of Beverly, MA - a wonderful place to work and enjoy all that the Northshore of Boston has to offer. The Department of Visual Communications is housed within the School of Visual + Performing Arts and includes both the graphic design and photography majors. The department’s teaching pedagogy is student centered with a strong commitment to student success and community engagement. The department is focused on preparing students for industry through coursework that cultivates intellectual thinking, creative curiosity and diverse perspectives along with our leading internship program and its strong ties to area companies and professionals.
We are seeking an Assistant Professor of Graphic Design to teach a wide range of undergraduate Graphic Design courses ranging from first year through senior thesis with topics including typography, brand identity and advertising. The position includes academic advising, engagement in assessment and accreditation processes, participation in department, school and college meetings and committees, and curricular development.
- MFA in Graphic Design or closely aligned discipline;
- A minimum of three years’ experience teaching graphic design at the college level;
- A minimum of two years industry experience;
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud;
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: user experience design, motion design, animation, illustration, design theory/ history;
- Commitment to inclusive education and developing cultural competencies among students with a lens toward social justice education;
- Documented record of academic scholarship in a related field;
- Evidence of a commitment to service;
- Active participation in professional organizations
Endicott College celebrates diversity and strives to bring a mix of talented people—representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills—together to do their best work. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We look forward to hearing from you.