Doctoral Capstone Coordinator
Doctoral Capstone Coordinator (www.ndm.edu)
Notre Dame of Maryland University (NDMU) seeks applications for a Doctoral Capstone Coordinator (DCC) position for the developing entry-level Occupational Therapy Doctoral (OTD) Program. This is a full-time, 12-month, core faculty position.
The DCC will be primarily responsible for the coordination, management, and compliance of the capstone project and experience as set by standards of the Accreditation Council of Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE). The DCC will also ensure the quality and integrity of the capstone in conjunction with the requirements of the OTD program. The DCC will perform a teaching role in the entry-level OTD program and will work collaboratively with the OTD Program Director and other faculty members to advance the program's mission. Inspired by the longstanding commitment of the founding School Sisters of Notre Dame to the underserved, the Department of Occupational Therapy will work to improve the health of the Baltimore metropolitan area's most vulnerable residents through outreach and service.
Education and Experience:
- Earned a clinical or post-professional doctorate degree in Occupational Therapy or related field (OTD, DrOT, DSc, EdD, ScD) from an institution that is accredited by a USDE-recognized regional accrediting body.
- Current Professional Occupational Therapy License in Maryland.
- Current NBCOT Certification.
- Minimum of 3 years of post-licensure clinical experience as an Occupational Therapist.
- Previous experience as a DCC or an Academic Fieldwork Coordinator in an Occupational Therapy program is desired.
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – the DCC:
- Serves as a role model of good written and oral communication skills.
- Exhibits good time management.
- Shows flexibility including the acceptance of and willingness to change; sees change as an opportunity for growth.
- Accepts responsibility for professional and personal growth.
- Demonstrates a commitment to be a productive and supportive member of the Department of Occupational Therapy and University community.
- Has the ability to handle conflict with students, faculty and staff appropriately and effectively.
About Notre Dame of Maryland University:
Notre Dame of Maryland University (NDMU) is a private, independent institution anchored in the lovely homeland neighborhood of Baltimore City with outreach programs in the state serving central and southern Maryland and the Eastern Shore. Founded as a Catholic women's college in 1895, NDMU, now a comprehensive university, offers baccalaureate degrees in the Women's College and co-ed undergraduate programs for adults, and graduate programs through the School of Arts, Sciences, and Business, School of Education, School of Nursing, School of Pharmacy, and Department of Occupational Therapy.
NDMU is being assisted by the partners of Hyatt-Fennell, Executive Search. Submit nominations and application materials to Cheryl Hyatt at NDM@hyatt-fennell.com. Applications include a cover letter briefly describing reason(s) for applying for this position, as well as teaching experience in an academic setting and current and/or future research interests, a current résumé/cv, contact information for five professional references, and a statement of teaching philosophy, in separate documents. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential.
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identify, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status.
For more information contact:
Cheryl Hyatt – 724-242-0476
Apply for Doctoral Capstone Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly