Specialist III, CISCO
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Westway Park Technology Center
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
LSC-Westway Park Technology Center, a satellite center of LSC-CyFair, is located between Clay and Tanner roads off the Sam Houston Tollway. This center will focus on LSC-CyFair’s Visual Communication and Information Technology workforce training programs with certificates and degrees in areas such as Cisco and Microsoft Networking, Cyber Security, Computer Forensics, Graphic and Web Design, and 3D animation.
Campus address is 5060 Westway Park Boulevard, Houston, TX 77041.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for coordination of all gener al functions in the Cisco computer laboratories. Provide s support services in the operation and maintenance of lab s, which may include but is not limited to performing duties such as; analyses; setup, operation, maintenance and cleaning of equipment; maintaining stock of supplies. P rovide s direction and assistance to students using the labs and associate d equipment. May also coordinat e services between lab and outside vendors .
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, serial cards, T1 cards, FXO cards, and making of Ethernet cables
- Knowledge of various software, including Cisco IOS, SDM and CCP, wireshark, hyperterminal, putty and tftp
- Knowledge and experience with various networking skills such as subnetting of RFC1918 addresses, configuring OSPF, RIPv2 and EIGRP routing protocols
- Excellent communication, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum instruction and also cooperatively as a member of a team
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE & CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment. Work is performed in a laboratory environment, and will require appropriate use/handling of Cisco/computer/printer equipment
- Interface with i nternal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Schedule may include days, weekends and some Saturdays
- High School Diploma or GED and at least 3 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Cisco CCNA certification, or completion of Cisco CCNA classes
Hiring salary range is $32,250 - $ 37,088
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston