Summer Tang Guide
The Tang Guides program introduces students to the Tang and the museum world, trains them how to be gallery ambassadors and tour guides, trains them how to talk about art, and gives them valuable real-world experiences interacting with visitors. Tang Guides are an integral part of our front-line visitor services team, ensuring positive experiences for all visitors.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serving as roaming docents in the galleries: Tang Guides provide visitors with additional information about the Tang and specific exhibitions as they roam the galleries
- Providing security in the exhibitions: Tang Guides maintain the safety of the artwork on display and ensure visitors follow both museum and exhibition requirements
- Staffing the museum’s Visitor Services Desk: Tang Guides answer the main museum phone line, check in visitors to the museum, and perform other administrative tasks as assigned
- Offering tours as requested: Tang Guides lead tours of the museum to individuals and groups who request them
- Attending regular training workshops and tours, both in-person and via Zoom
The individuals filling these positions must be available to work evenings and weekends with regularity. They will receive substantive paid on-the-job training, which will cover proper museum protocols/procedures, information on how to lead museum tours, and instruction on ways to connect with visitors. Tang Guides will also have opportunities to interact with curators and artists to gain greater insight into Tang exhibitions.
This position requires a mature, reliable individual with excellent interpersonal skills. Knowledge and appreciation of art/art history, especially contemporary art, is helpful. This position requires long periods of standing and availability on evenings and weekends.
Position hours: up to 15 hours per week for 10 weeks
Please submit a resume and cover letter along with on-line application.
Deadline to submit applications is 4/19/21.
Skidmore College is committed to being an inclusive campus community and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, dating violence, or stalking, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Employment at Skidmore College is contingent upon an acceptable background check result.
CREATIVE THOUGHT MATTERS.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Saratoga Springs