Student Teaching Field Supervisor, Education Studies
The Education Studies Department at Skidmore College is hiring a part-time student teaching supervisor for the fall 2021 semester. The Skidmore teacher education program is an initial certification program in Childhood (grades 1-6) teaching premised on constructivist teaching philosophies and committed to social justice. Student teachers are placed in local elementary schools in Saratoga Springs and other regional school districts.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- being familiar with the policies, expectations, evaluations,
and administrative tasks (utilizing various technologies) of the
student teaching semester;
- facilitating and participating in required meetings with
student teachers and cooperating teachers;
- observing student teachers in classrooms, and providing verbal
and written feedback in a timely manner;
- monitoring student teachers’ progress, identifying concerns,
and completing all necessary evaluations;
- maintaining communication with the student teachers,
cooperating teachers, and the Field Placement Coordinator;
- attending orientation and regular supervisor team
- applying problem solving to issues as they arise and as
- contributing as a constructive member of a team.
Minimum qualifications for the position include a Master’s degree in education and a minimum of 3 years of teaching experience in grades 1-6. Preferred qualifications include knowledge of New York State teaching and learning standards, as well as the edTPA teacher certification assessment.
Application materials can be submitted online, including a professional resumé or curricula vitae and a cover letter detailing qualifications and experience related to the job responsibilities. Review of applications will begin on April 5th and continue until the position has been filled. Apply to http://jobs.skidmore.edu.
Skidmore College is committed to being an inclusive campus community and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, dating violence, or stalking, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Employment at Skidmore College is contingent upon an acceptable background check result.
CREATIVE THOUGHT MATTERS.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Part Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Other Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Teacher Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Saratoga Springs