Engineering Data Integration and Process Development Coordinator
The Engineering Data Integration and Process Development Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the creation of systems to manage the flow of data between various engineering applications in support of overall engineering, configuration management, procurement, and production processes. This position is responsible for ensuring data gathered in various systems is appropriate and the configuration of these systems is coordinated to provide for the efficient and effective flow of data.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
LASP leads with a science driven approach and is the only research institute in the world that has sent at least one instrument to the sun, the moon, every planet in the solar system, Pluto, and beyond. We are a non-profit organization with over 500 professionals and over 100 students with broad technical capabilities who highly value our culture of excellence.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Understand what data is collected in various systems and understand its business use.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to understand their needs so that new systems can be developed in an effective manner.
- Work with engineering managers and the Engineering Services Manager to architect, design, and implement processes that support the implementation of an ERP/MRP/MES tool.
- Create LASP process use cases for tool vendors to demonstrate that their tools fulfill LASP requirements.
- Coordinate the integration of engineering tools to ensure that the appropriate data is shared between systems in an efficient and effective manner.
- Work with the mechanical engineering manager to ensure MCAD data is captured to enhance the efficiency in which parts are released and processed through production.
- Develop a methodology in which both fabricated and purchased parts are planned to arrive in time for the start of assembly build.
- Develop a methodology to report on the procurement and production status for assemblies, including availability and cost measures.
- Work with the mechanical engineering manager to develop a method of communicating materials and coatings data from Solidworks into the as crafted and as built materials list.
- Work with project schedulers to determine a method of integrating project schedules with a material management system.
- Develop user training material and train LASP engineers on new processes and systems.
What You Should Know
Due to ITAR restrictions, only US Citizens and Permanent Residents may be considered.
What We Can Offer
Salary Range is $98,500 to $125,000. Relocation eligible.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Driven. Be Impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 10+ years of experience in a combination of the following areas: Configuration Management, Production Planning, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in an engineer-to-order or prototype engineering environment.
- Experience implementing MRP, MES, or ERP systems or crafting tool integration specifications.
- Experience with process development in engineering and or production environments.
What You Will Need
- Ability to foster relationships to accomplish desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with team members.
- Ability to problem-solve to best satisfy competing requirements; particularly in regards to CM best practices, product BOM structures, and business practices pertaining to build and data quality.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Advanced Excel Skills.
- PDM or MRP System Administration.
- Experience in the Aerospace Industry.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder