Finance and Accounting Professional
CU Boulder encourages applications for a Finance and Accounting Professional! The Finance and Accounting Professional for the Environmental Studies Program (ENVS) will be an integral part of the team who handles a wide variety of financial and accounting responsibilities including expense reporting, procurement support, travel reimbursement, and budget analysis. This position will work closely with the Program Director and Finance Manager to implement program budget planning and will help develop and maintain accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate, timely processing and compliance with federal, state, university policies and procedures.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Environmental Studies program at CU-Boulder is a hub for facilitating interdisciplinary collaboration in environment and sustainability. Environmental Studies courses integrate the academic divisions of natural science, social science, and humanities, providing skill and knowledge applicable to the pursuit of solutions to environmental challenges faced globally, nationally, regionally, and locally. The program nurtures interdisciplinary academic training for undergraduate and graduate students, provides guidance for students with career aspirations in environment and sustainability venues, promotes diverse professional education experiences, fosters fundamental and applied research, forms meaningful connections with communities beyond the university, and integrates innovative, interdisciplinary programs unified by the themes of environmental research.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Accounting and Finance Support
- Provide oversight of program accounting, purchasing, and budgeting processes in conjunction with ENVS staff.
- Serve as departmental liaison and work with Finance Manager to provide analyses and forecasts of departmental revenues on an ongoing basis to monitor the resources available for ongoing operations and special projects.
- Assist units with reviewing monthly financials from Cognos and build month-end close journal entries for assigned units. Create expense journal entries, budget journal entries and cash transfers.
- Manage, communicate, and execute fiscal year-end close requirements and assist ENVS faculty and staff to ensure accurate and timely processing of all fiscal year-end duties in compliance with University requirements.
- Identify internal procedure documents for all financial processes and develop and improve workflow processes for increased efficiency.
- Responsible for processing honorarium payments, scope of work, contractors, reimbursements and additional pay forms as requested. Serve as primary resource for compliance with state and university policies and procedures. Works with Program Director and Finance Manager on ENVS DAICR and faculty start-up monitoring.
- Responsible for CU Marketplace PO's, SPO's and related activity for ENVS. Manage invoice payments against PO's/SPO's by ensuring unit approval to pay is authorized and receiving in CU Marketplace has been completed.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Reconcile procurement card expenses to ensure appropriate receipts and documentation are provided. Monitor expenses and allocations to identify procurement card user training needs and develops materials to address those needs.
- Answer accounting and procurement policy questions by referring to and interpreting appropriate policies and procedures. Evaluate requests per federal, state, university and ENVS policies, and decide on most appropriate means of purchase.
Travel and Expense Reimbursement
- Process all vital documentation before travel occurs, prepare reimbursement documents, and adhere to CU travel accounting guidelines.
- Responsible for travel reimbursement process for all ENVS members.
- Retrieve receipts and other documentation for review and approval. Maintain accurate cardholder records, update profiles (e.g. approval structures) as needed. Work with purchasing agents, vendors, and staff to facilitate purchasing.
- Conduct problem resolution to avoid after-the-fact purchasing situations.
What You Should Know
This is a part-time, 20 hour a week position.
What We Can Offer
Salary Range is $24,000-$25,000 annually for this 50% time position.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Engaged. Be Informed. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for the Bachelor's Degree requirement.
- 1 year of professional, job-related experience.
What You Will Need
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal problem-solving skills.
- High degree of professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively in a working environment with multiple interruptions.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple complex priorities.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Suite, Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively analyze issues in such a way as to foresee possible problems or concerns that may arise and to develop possible solutions and initiate related action with little supervision.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a similar field from an accredited college or university.
- 2+ years of direct finance administration/financial management experience.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by April 14, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder