Camp Middlesex Musical Theater Instructor
SALARY: $20.00/per hour
OPENING DATE: 3/31/2021
CLOSING DATE: 4/19/2021 11:59 PM
UNIT: Unaffiliated (Part-time, seasonal)
DEPARTMENT: Continuing Education
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director Lifelong Learning, Camp Director
The position teaches students and work with other camp staff, including lead Musical Theater Instructor in a new and fast-paced summer musical theater camp program for children ages 7-15. This is an all-summer program with 4 sessions. Each session runs for two weeks.
The Musical Theater Instructor will have the performance experience, talent, and skill set to confidently instruct all singing, dancing, and acting programs.
The position safely manages approximately 15 students in engaging activities throughout the day from drop off to pick up, following Middlesex College and CDC guidelines.
- Two years of experience working in musical theater or performance art education
- Two years of college education in an arts program
- Able to confidently instruct singing, dancing, and acting
- Experience working with, caring for and supervising children of a variety of ages and skill levels
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to make independent decisions
- Able to manage group of approximately 15 students comfortably in a safe and encouraging environment
- Must possess a friendly and caring personality along with the energy and stamina needed to work with children all day
- Good time management and team player
- Three years of work experience in a musical theater program, performing arts school or public-school teaching experience
- Bachelor of Arts degree
- Strong proactive problem-solving skills
- Capacity to handle diverse responsibilities and multi-task
- Ability to deal positively with a diverse population
SCHEDULE: June 28, 2021 to August 20, 2021 (No camp on July 5)
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.