Director of Workforce Development
- Works with the Workforce and Continuing Education leadership team to implement the institution’s strategic plan and coordination with partner agencies and institutions.
- Manages industry-sector advisory boards to ensure alignment of workforce programs to current economic development needs and opportunities for graduates.
- Coordinates with Industry Partners, Workforce Development Providers, and the Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation (DLLR), regarding program implementation.
- Identifies funding and grant opportunities and develops partnerships and proposals in response to solicitations from the federal Department of Labor, DLLR, and other funders.
- Supervises the activities of the Division staff to ensure alignment to industry-sector standards and effective programming for student success.
- Represents the Division and serves on boards and committees that guide federal Workforce Investment Act and other workforce partners, such as the Mayor’s Office of Economic Development.
- Ensures data collection and accountability requirements are met according to grant requirements and training contracts.
- Coordinates planning, evaluation, program analysis and continuous quality improvement activities related to workforce development and training programming.
- Facilitates use of organizational tools to help departments and units develop strategic plans, improve key processes, assess institutional needs and develops collaborative team environments.
- Provides oversight for coordinator, faculty, and program support staff to ensure quality and effective program implementation.
- Directs the development of industry-sector programming, including identification of curriculum, instructional requirements, industry certifications, requirements for program implementation, and supports for student success.
- Develops materials for formal presentations and recruitment of partners and students for workforce programs.
- Organizes outreach to employers on availability of WDCED workforce programs and reviews proposals to develop new programs.
- Provides reports for the College, Funders, Industry Partners and various internal and external agencies.
- Represents the College/Division to federal, state, and city policy makers on workforce development issues.
- Other duties as requested by the Vice President, WDCED.
- Master’s Degree
- 5 years’ experience in workforce development
- 10 years’ experience in workforce development
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore