University Code 19251 University Title Project Analyst 1 University Job Family General Administration ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Research Analyst Position Number 585760 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Provost And VP Acad Affairs Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Office of Institutional Research and Decision Support ( IRDS ) in the Office of the Provost and The Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Equity & Success ( IES ), are excited to invite interested applicants to apply for the Research Analyst position.
Mission/Goal of Units
The mission of the Office of Institutional
research and Decision Support ( IRDS ) in the Office of the Provost and Vice President for
Academic Affairs is to empower decision makers, enhance institutional effectiveness and maintain compliance through accurate,
accessible, and actionable data and analyses. The office provides necessary data governance to align reporting needs with business processes, ensures the highest level of data quality and provides data definitions along with training efforts. The office values excellence through integrity, collaboration, and innovation supported by diverse skills, perspectives, and experiences.
The mission of the Office of Institutional Equity, Effectiveness and Success is to build a diverse and inclusive community in which people from all cultural backgrounds and life experiences are supported and valued. IES is comprised of iExcel Education, the Office of Communications and Information Management, and the Office of Organizational Assessment and
Transformation; each unit focused on leveraging diversity into universal excellence and success for our faculty, staff, students and patient populations.
The core responsibility for the position will be to conduct outcome driven institutional research studies related to VCU’s strategic plan, Quest 2025, with special emphasis on Theme IV: Diversity Driving Excellence. This is a university academic professional appointment with dual-reporting to the Director of Institutional Research and the Vice President of Institutional Equity, Effectiveness and Success.
The position is expected to successfully work within the university community to collect, manage, analyze, and communicate about University data and trends. The position will bring important issues and developments to the attention of the office leadership and to adopt effective strategies and directions to administer and analyze data and trends. This position will adhere to survey administration privacy and ethics protocols. This will require attention to detail, including documentation, and an ability to understand how the details fit into a broader strategic vision. Key skills involve careful listening, cultural awareness and competence, effective communication, consultation, and collaboration.
The person in this position will be expected to serve in a dual-reporting role to IRDS and IES with responsibilities in IR Analytics & Research, diversity and inclusion Analytics & Research, delivery of information, survey administration.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Bachelor degree in statistics, operations research, economics, computer science, business administration or other research-intensive social sciences or a related field of study with statistical background and experience.
• Demonstrated experience in working with teams comprised of considerable ethnic / racial, gender and social identity diversity
• Subject matter experience in at least one or more subject domains (e.g. admissions, enrollment, financial aid, employee, finance, development, sponsored research, and diversity & inclusion).
• Detailed understanding of extracting data from a relational databases, then manipulating, analyzing, interpreting and reporting data and information for strategic decision making;
• Experience using SAS statistical software package is preferred but others are welcome (e.g., SPSS, STATA or R); demonstrating experience and facility with reporting to produce high quality reports and analysis.
• Experience with Oracle SQL, and Oracle databases.
• Knowledge of enterprise resource planning ( ERP ) systems such as Ellucian Banner, Datatel, PeopleSoft or SAP .
• Preferred experience with regression analyses, decision trees, neural networks.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Effective customer service skills.
• Effective communication skills.
• Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to take initiative when working independently and yet work effectively in a team environment with people who have a diverse array of experiences and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU
VCU strives to ensure a climate of mutual respect and trust where individuals of differing cultural backgrounds, identities, abilities and life experiences are embraced, engaged and empowered to drive excellence and achieve success. Every member of the university community has a stake in and responsibility for VCU’s continual achievement of inclusive excellence. Every member of the university community should know VCU is a place where they can come and achieve their goals, and that VCU is invested in their success, health and well-being. During the interview process, please be prepared to discuss your understanding of diversity and how you promote equity and inclusion in the workforce
Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F Job Open Date 03/15/2021 Posting will close on or before 04/16/2021 Open Until Filled No Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/104282 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Accreditation Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond