The RISD Museum was founded on the belief that art, artists, and the institutions that support them play pivotal roles in promoting broad civic engagement and creating more open societies. Established in 1877 as part of a vibrant creative community, the RISD Museum stewards works of art representing diverse cultures from ancient times to the present and interprets our collection with the focus on the maker and deeply engages with art and artists. As an employer, RISD offers a supportive, collegial, and inclusive work environment, the possibility of a flexible work schedule, and a competitive benefits package. To learn more about the RISD Museum visit http://risdmuseum.org/.
The RISD Museum seeks a part-time Development Assistant to provide professional administrative support to the External Affairs and Development team by accurately processing membership and other revenue transactions into the Museum’s database of constituent records (ALTRU). We seek an effective communicator who is skilled at interacting with a variety of internal and external constituents including top-level donors, administrators, and business partners. The Development Assistant maintains accurate hard copy and electronic donor records and runs standard and ad-hoc reports. As well, the position produces timely, personalized acknowledgments and annual stewardship reports, and performs research as requested. This role provides general administrative support for the Deputy Director of the RISD Museum and coordinates the External Affairs and Development shared calendar. The Development Assistant also completes various administrative and clerical support duties for the department and may represent development staff when necessary.
- Retrieves and processes daily mail from all sources (post,
online), coordinating with Institutional Engagement as needed, and
recording transactions in the Museum’s database of record
- Maintains centralized revenue accounting records for auditing
purposes, coordinating with the Museum’s Business Manager, as
- Updates constituent records; ensures the integrity of personal
biographical information and department hard files of donors and
prospects; coordinates with the Database Manager as needed.
- Creates and generates reports or donor profiles as requested by
development staff, handling highly sensitive and confidential
information in an exceptionally discreet manner.
- Maintains prospect tracking records and enters contact reports
for the development staff as requested.
- Generates weekly and regularized reconciliation reports and
data metrics for internal use.
- Proactively completes donor correspondence as directed.
Membership/Annual Programs Processing
- Generates stewardship communications, including acknowledgments
and annual and ad hoc stewardship reports, as directed. Ensures
that deadlines are met in a timely and accurate manner.
- Updates Membership/Annual Programs database processes within
Altru as directed.
- Supports membership and annual giving programs, within Altru,
- Provides support to and answers a variety of inquiries from
Museum members and donors with regard to membership status, gifts,
- Provides general administrative support for the Director,
including but not limited to managing the External Affairs and
Development shared calendar, gathering meeting materials, drafting
correspondence of all types, and following up on action items as
may be appropriate.
- Reconciles monthly P-card statements, expense reimbursements,
and invoices for Director.
- Coordinates and books travel arrangements and completes trip
and event preparations for Director and other staff as
- Prepares proposals and stewardship packets for museum funders
by compiling data, information, and documents.
- Prepares acknowledgment and stewardship materials for museum
donors and report recipients by compiling data, information, and
- Provides essential customer service to all the Museum’s
constituents as needed, including drop-in visitors and
- Completes general office clerical duties, such as fielding and
routing phone calls and inquiries, drafting and preparing
correspondence, and providing other assistance as needed.
- Participates in college and museum-wide events, meetings, and
activities to deepen understanding of RISD’s broader development
Associate’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Three to five years’ data entry and/or administrative support experience in a professional office setting, preferably in the development field. The incumbent must enjoy working with the public and possess strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated experience working with individuals of varying backgrounds, including but not limited to, racial, ethnic, religious, gender, cultural, ability, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, to organize, prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and under deadlines. Ability to set priorities and to adapt these as priorities shift, to handle multiple assignments and deadlines, and to display excellent judgment, while operating in a flexible and professional manner, and displaying discretion when dealing with highly sensitive information. Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and other technologies (such as Zoom, Workday, Google Suite of programs, etc.).
27 hours per week
12 months per year
Documents Needed to Apply:
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please upload all required documents.
The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
For certain positions, RISD is currently supporting remote work arrangements due to the pandemic. When work resumes in person, employees are expected to perform work on campus.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
For internal use only - Job Family:
Administrative Support Services
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Providence
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Providence
- Academic Administration Not specified Part Time jobs in Providence
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Providence
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Providence