4-H Military Partnership Program Coordinator
University of Idaho
4-H Military Partnership Program Coordinator
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $16.64 per hour or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Idaho's 4-H Military Partnership Program Coordinator position is responsible for managing and facilitating programmatic and fiscal responsibility of the Idaho 4-H Outreach to Military Kids (OMK) program. This position is the State Program Coordinator throughout the state of Idaho. OMK 4-H grants target specific youth on military bases and geographically dispersed youth of parents actively engaged in military operations. This position provides connectivity and engagement to 4-H programs for these youth in a variety of uniquely designed programs that target their specific needs. The Coordinator position will develop and maintain military connected partnerships throughout Idaho. In addition, the Program Coordinator will supervise and train additional staff and military connected volunteers in program delivery. The Program Coordinator works in partnership with Idaho 4-H Youth Development Professionals, national partners and all branches of military throughout Idaho. This position is responsible for the development of the Idaho 4-H Outreach to Military Kids Program including securing grant funding, development of materials, policies & procedures, recruitment, selection and training of site staff and military volunteer members, evaluation and reporting. This position requires varied work hours and travel.
• High School Degree or GED.
• Three years of related work experience.
• Experience interpreting local, state, and federal laws relating to the program/project area.
• Experience working with computers and using software programs.
• Experience or in program planning and implementation; conducting independent research; designing and conducting training programs; and providing liaison with customer/provider groups.
• Experience in writing proposals and researching funding opportunities; recommending and evaluating program procedures and recommending changes; developing technical written materials such as policies, technical manuals, or rules/regulations; providing technical program assistance to staff; gathering, assembling, correlating, and analyzing facts; devising solutions to problems; writing reports and developing, evaluating, and implementing policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in related area and 3+ years of related work experience; or Master’s degree in related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience totaling 6+ years.
• Competency in program and budget management, demonstrated leadership and supervision skills.
• Previous experience and knowledge of United States military service.
• Previous experience and/or knowledge of University of Idaho Extension and 4-H Programs.
• Experience in community development, education or related field.
• Demonstrated ability in effectively communication (verbal and written format).
• Proficient in word processing, email and web program skills.
• Ability to work as a team and as a supervisor.
• Experience in youth development, military child education programs, or non-profit management fields.
• Demonstrate effective teaching and public presentation skills.
• Ability to be sensitive to the needs of military families and to work with youth and family members who may be experiencing a high level of stress.
• Experience in writing curricula and/or training modules.
• Experience in writing marketing materials including brochures, flyers, and news releases.
• Experience recruiting and managing staff and volunteers.
• Demonstrate basic abilities to manage a website and/or a list-serve.
• Experience managing multiple programs priorities and initiatives simultaneously.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Ability to lift, carry, and/or otherwise move heavy objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
Posting Number: SP002747P
Posting Date: 03/16/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration will be given to those who apply by April 4, 2021. The position will remain open until a suitable applicant pool has been identified.
In addition to the online application and resume, individuals should submit a letter of qualification.
IMPORTANT: To be considered, your “Letter of Qualification” must address EACH of the required qualifications, including pertinent education and/or experience. In addition, to improve your ranking during the evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred Qualifications as possible. Information on a resume will not be accepted as a substitute for submitting a Letter of Qualification.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates may be required to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.