Research Program Manager Level I DoD Programs
Research Program Manager Level I DoD Programs
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The Research Program Manager, Level I DoD Programs (RPM-I) is a Washington DC based position responsible for operational elements of Department of Defense (DoD) funded research program oversight. This position reports to the Executive Director of DoD Programs (EDDP), and will provide program and project management spanning multiple DoD contracts. He/she is responsible for the oversight of a geographically dispersed portfolio of programs and projects including tracking cost, schedule, performance, and risk; logistics of meetings, workshops and technical seminars as part of the program execution; and post contract award requirements including proposals, tracking and processing, and other required project submissions to sponsors. He/she will be responsible for additional project related tasks per request of the EDDP as needed.
This is a fast-paced position with a variety of programs to monitor and will require interaction with internal Northeastern and Kostas Research Institute researchers, the Northeastern University Research Enterprise Systems (NU-RES) staff, external university and industry subcontractors, and funding agency program managers and contracts officers. The successful candidate will have solid experience and familiarity with DoD acquisitions, contracting, financial management, and project management with the funded research life cycle. Additionally, the candidate will have demonstrated knowledge in intelligence operations, military operations, and research and development environments. He/she will have excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills and a strong customer service focus.
Research Program & Portfolio Oversight and Support:
- Provides program and portfolio management for multiple, complex program portfolios
- Create systems, organize, and manage program milestones, deliverables, spend rates, and timelines for assigned research contracts
- Conduct in depth analysis on projects and manage cost, schedules, and performance and provide reports to EDDP to insure proper project execution
- Plan and manage schedules and monitors programs from initiation to closeout
- Assist with proposals, budgets, and other information gathering for contract submissions
- Collaborate, coordinate, and provide guidance to technical research staff, senior leadership, and other departments within KRI and NU as relates to program execution
- Interact and coordinate with contracting officials, program managers, technical representatives, and other government personnel and sponsors on assigned efforts Ensure all contractual elements and requirements are met
- Provide or refer to PMO colleagues for the subject matter expertise concerning DoD acquisitions, contracts, program, and financial management
- Collect data and information in response to NU-RES inquiries and requests over the life of the funding
- Provide support to EDDP and other tasks as assigned
- Travel as required to support program and project activities
Meetings, Workshop, and Seminars:
- Plan, schedule, and conduct meetings & working groups to include kick-off, quarterly meetings, technical seminars, and other ad hoc meetings
- Coordinate and arrange for all logistics and site support needs
- Maintain attendee lists, confirming in-person or remote engagement, and collect all presentation materials in an appropriate way for the distribution constraints
- Travel as needed to support meetings, workshops, and seminars
- US Citizenship required
- Bachelor's degree required; graduate degree preferred in a technical discipline
- Secret Security Clearance required; Top Secret (TS), Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI), with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) or SCI eligible preferred
- 3-5 years of project management experience preferably in a DoD and/or IC research environment leading programs / projects in technical RDTE organizations with budgets valued over $20M
- Solid knowledge base of DoD and IC contract management, financial management, contracts regulations, working experience with PPBE, POM, and related concepts
- Background in DoD and IC Technical Operations, Internet Technologies (IT), Information Systems (IS), Cyber / Cyber Security, Materials Science, Engineering, or other related technical specialty areas
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously and work independently to meet milestones, action items, and quality expectations
- Excellent communication skills with a customer (internal and external) service focus
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to problem solve effectively
- Strong computer and IT knowledge and skills, especially in MS Office suite products, and ability to learn new programs/systems with ease
- PMP or PgMP certification or DAWIA Level II helpful; relevant practical work experience can meet this requirement
- Ability to travel as required
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/505534