Associate Dean, Health Science
Associate Dean, Health Science & Nursing
Rancho Santiago Community College District
Salary Range: Grade D: $121,542.42 - $127,619.54 - $134,000.52 - $140,700.55 - $147,735.57 - $155,122.35 - $162,878.47/year
Job Number: AC21-00076
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Division: Science, Mathematics & Health Sciences Division
Closing: 4/28/2021 5:00 PM Pacific
Overall responsibility to the Dean of Science, Math, and Health Sciences for the leadership and administration of all aspects of Health Sciences departments, including the design, delivery, staffing, administrative support, supervision, evaluation, legal compliance and required reporting of Health Sciences Programs, including Registered Nurse (A.D.N.), Nursing Continuing Education (N.C.E.), Medical Assistant (M.A.), Emergency Medical Technician (E.M.T.); and, performs other duties as assigned. Responsible for the supervision and evaluation of academic faculty and support staff.
DEVELOPMENT AND DELIVERY OF DEPARTMENT PROGRAMS
Responsibility for assigned aspects of the departments' programs, which may include planning, revision, curriculum approval, staffing, scheduling, supervision and evaluation of the Registered Nursing Program and Health Sciences Programs, including the N.C.E., M.A., and E.M.T. programs; submits related records and reports. Orients new staff and students, supervises admissions policies and procedures, maintains approval and accreditation including the submission of required documents for California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) approval and Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) accreditation; negotiates, administers, and supervises compliance with contractual agreements with agencies used for student clinical placements.
Reviews instructional and other programs for compliance with applicable state and federal law, regulations and guidelines, District policy and procedure, and BRN rules, ACEN criteria, and responsiveness to the needs of a culturally diverse community.
Responsible for, or effectively recommends, the hire, transfer, suspension, lay-off, recall, promotion, assignment, discipline, training, professional development, assignment, direction and evaluation of work, and adjustment of grievances; also responsible for administering collective bargaining agreements, employment and promotion selection procedure, compliance with District policies, rules and regulations regarding personnel, evaluation of the performance of academic and classified staff assigned to the Division, and providing direction and assistance wherever a need for improvement is identified.
Responsible for discipline, evaluation of student performance and related records; provides direction to students regarding licensure examination; develops studies tracking student program graduates, analyzes results and implements program modifications to improve performance; responsible for adjustment of grievances, scheduling, evaluation and reporting of performance, and resolution of student problems and complaints.
Responsible for timely and accurate preparation, submission and administration of departments' budgets; identifies and secures possible sources of alternative program funding, including grant development.
Responsible for evaluating proposed offerings, enrollment history, budget, demand and program requirements to determine the number and nature of offerings, scheduling of classes, staffing and available facilities, supplies, equipment and materials. Monitors enrollments, cancels and changes classes in response to demand. Responsible for the planning, delivery, funding and evaluation of all functions, programs, activities, staff and services in areas of responsibility. Assists Dean in long-range planning for departments; leadership and vision on the integration of learning resources as they support the teaching, learning and administrative activities of the college.
Represents the District with clinical agencies; is a highly visible educational leader seeking positions of significant leadership in community institutions at state, local, and regional levels; chairs or oversees community advisory committee meetings; participates in professional organizations within health care education; and acts as a community resource for nursing education and health-related programs and issues.
Supervises all aspects of the departments' programs, staff and students, continued program approval and accreditation, as well as compliance with applicable rules and law. Supervises the performance of all personnel functions for assigned staff. Responsible for discipline and resolution of student problems. Has the authority and responsibility to coordinate and direct all activities in developing, implementing, and managing a nursing program, including its fiscal planning.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS Minimum Qualifications:
- Possesses a clear and active California Registered Nurse
- apply and receive a California Registered Nurse license prior to employment; AND
- Master of Science degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university which includes coursework in nursing, education, or administration; AND
- Minimum of one-year experience at the director or assistant director level in a nursing program; AND
- Minimum of two years' experience in professional nursing education; AND
- Minimum of one year continuous, full-time or its equivalent nursing experience in direct patient care as a Registered Nurse.
- Three years' experience in professional nursing education within the last ten years in a prelicensure nursing program in a community college setting
- Knowledge of regulations for prelicensure RN programs
- Experience with program approval by a state Board of Nursing
- Experience with program accreditation by ACEN
- Experience with systematic program evaluation
- Experience with grant writing and reporting, such as Perkins, Song Brown Act, and state-level Enrollment Growth and Retention grants
- Experience with students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds and widely varying levels of proficiency
- A working knowledge of and experience with student learning outcomes and assessment
- Education experience (breadth and depth)
- Work experience (breadth and depth)
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Program development
- Community involvement
- Demonstrated experience in working with a diverse socio-economic community
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others
- Oral communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Successful teaching, problem solving or performance demonstration
- Writing skills/demonstration
- Resume (Required)
- Cover Letter (Required)
- Unofficial transcripts showing that the minimum qualifications are met (Required)
To apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/rsccd/jobs/3028386/associate-dean-health-science-nursing