Lecturer/ Associate Professor/Professor in Architecture and Design
School: Design School
Department：Department of Architecture and Design
Position Title: Lecturer/ Associate Professor/ Professor in Architecture and Design
Location: Suzhou Campus
Salary: Salary and benefits packages are competitive and commensurate with rank and experience.
Position ID: 1611
Position Open Date: 1st Feb 2021
Advertisement Closing Date: 31st August 2021(early submission of applications are encouraged)
The Department of Architecture and Design at XJTLU nurtures a
climate of open discourse with a firmly established tolerance of
views and positions, where risk taking and speculative experiments
The Architecture programs offers globally competitive design programmes at both Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels, with a focus on educating architectural designers in both a Chinese and international context. Research areas within the department include but are not limited to cultural innovation, interaction design and product design.
The Department cultivates a learning environment that fosters independent, innovative and responsible designers with a thoughtful and imaginative approach to space making. We recruit students from amongst the top 5% of high school students. Synergy with the University of Liverpool leads the department to also recruit from overseas, ensuring a diverse student body. Our students benefit from the dynamic atmosphere of the department, due to its engagement with the vibrant architecture and construction context of Suzhou and the wider region, as well as its involvement in live projects, competitions, conferences, and other academic institutions and events.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Teach one design studio and taught module a semester including student academic mentoring
- Research through classic academic realm via research projects, innovations and publication or via architectural practice or art in architecture. Publications at a level appropriate for the discipline and designation. Applications to external research funds
- Service to support the administrative side of the department, school and the university or extra curricula activities for students, staff, discipline.
- Complete PG Certification unless already holding one teaching certification or similar
- Participation in departmental activities and administrative life.
- Positions of administrative responsibility at departmental/cluster/school level.
- Typical split of teaching: research: service is 40:40:20.
Successful applicants to the position of Lecturer/Assistant Professor should possess:
- PhD in Architecture with two years of teaching experience
- Master degree in Architecture with minimum of 2 years practice and education experience
- Fluent in English
Successful applicants to more senior ranks should also possess:
- PhD in Architecture with a minimum of 7 years of academic experience and excellence in academic achievements
- Master degree in Architecture with minimum 10 years practices, including extensive senior executive experience equivalent of design Director and 2 years education experience
- Fluent in English
Members of Academic Staff receive generous subsidies for accommodation, travel, children’s education, and medical insurance. A relocation allowance is provided. Non-Chinese passport holders may qualify for multi-year income tax “holidays”, depending on nationality and tax residency.
Citizenship and Visa Regulations:
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 65 may be not eligible for a work visa in the P.R. China.
Please submit your application on our university website, the apply link is https://career15.sapsf.cn/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=1611&company=xjtlu or https://career15.sapsf.cn/career?career_company=xjtlu ,the Job ID is 1611.Applications must be submitted in a single pdf resume that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level, contact details for three References
- Teaching and or project portfolio(it is also acceptable as an additional attachment)
Informal enquiries may be addressed to the HR Recruiting Team at Xinyun.Yang@xjtlu.edu.cn. Please quote the position and job ID in your enquiry.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in China
- Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in China
- Design & Graphic Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in China
- Professional Fields Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in China
- Architecture Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in China