Instructor or Assistant Professor of Education
Arkansas State University – Beebe, a two-year residential community college associated with the Arkansas State University System, invites applications for a full-time, promotion eligible, Instructor or Assistant Professor of Education to begin August 2021. This position will primarily serve the Heber Springs Campus and will be expected to teach one night on the Beebe campus in the fall and one night on the Searcy campus in the spring.
The ideal candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of K-12 Education and be able to teach freshman and sophomore level courses such as Introduction to Teaching, Educational Technology, Child Growth and Development, and Exceptional Children; as well as Birth to 5 Early Childhood courses including the CDA (Child Development Associate coursework). Online instruction via Canvas platform will be required.
The individual hired will:
• Teach face-to-face, hybrid, zoom, and online.
• have a strong working knowledge of Arkansas K-12 education policies, K-12 classroom technology, Arkansas state standards in Birth to 5 education.
• will develop and implement the student classroom observation program and serve as the primary contact for K-12 partners.
• will maintain a roster of advisees across many Arts & Humanities disciplines
• assist with curriculum development and review
• participate in program assessment
• actively engage in student recruitment and student retention initiatives
• participate in institutional committee service.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong desire for teaching and community engagement rather than research and publishing.
Candidates with a strong early childhood education and development background are encouraged to apply.
Required Education and/or Experience: Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education or closely related field. Three to five years teaching experience in a Pre-K and/or K-12 education environment. Strong computer and education technology skills.
Preferred Education and/or Experience: Five to eight years teaching experience in a Pre-K and/or K-12 education environment. Strong computer and education technology skills