Instructor or Assistant Professor of English
Arkansas State University – Beebe, a two-year residential community college associated with the Arkansas State University System, invites applications for a full-time, promotion eligible, Instructor or Assistant Professor of English to begin August 2021.
The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of the discipline and teach developmental English and English composition. The ideal candidate will also be qualified to teach Oral Communication/Speech.
The individual hired will:
• Teach Face to Face, Hybrid, Zoom, and Online course offerings as needed
• Teach at our satellite locations as needed
• Maintain a roster of advisees across many Arts & Humanities disciplines
• Assist with curriculum development and review
• Participate in course and program assessment
• Engage in student recruitment and retention initiatives
• Serve on institutional committees
The ideal candidate will possess a strong desire for teaching and community engagement rather than research and publishing.
Candidates with experience teaching developmental English and Oral Communication/Speech are encouraged to apply.
Required Education and/or Experience: Master’s degree in Composition & Rhetoric, English, or closely related field. Strong computer and technology skills.
Preferred Education and/or Experience: One to three years teaching experience. Master’s degree in Composition & Rhetoric, English, or closely related field. Individuals who also possess a master’s degree in Communication or closely related field or at least 18 graduate hours in Communication or closely related discipline are encouraged to apply.