Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer
Texas A&M University-Kingsville invites nominations and applications for its Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer (CCO). The CCO oversees the System Member Compliance Program, ensuring System, federal, and state regulations are followed.
Texas A&M-Kingsville is South Texas' greatest university, offering more academic programs and degrees, providing better learning and living facilities, doing more research, awarding more scholarships and producing more successful graduates than any other college or university in the region.
Texas A&M-Kingsville seeks to provide quality undergraduate and graduate programs for students of all ages through a judicious blend of liberal and career education programs. The emphasis is on providing an intellectually challenging education reflecting high standards of academic performance. Texas A&M-Kingsville is dedicated to serving an ethnically and culturally diverse population. The University is committed to its mission of teaching, research, and service in South Texas for the advancement of knowledge and of regional development. Texas A&M University-Kingsville is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master’s and doctorate degrees.
Most of Texas A&M-Kingsville's approximately 6,357 students originate from South Texas, but there is wide diversity in the population, with students from 40 states and 35 countries. Approximately 80 percent of students are undergraduates. Ethnically, the campus reflects the demographics of the area, with 69 percent of the students are Hispanic, 15 percent white, and 4 percent African American. About 7 percent are international students.
Texas A&M University-Kingsville is the 6th Most Affordable University In Texas, is a globally recognized campus with students from around 50+ countries, is home to an award-winning engineering program, and has over 100 academic programs to choose from.
The Chief Compliance Officer, oversees the System Member Compliance Program, ensuring System, federal, and state regulations are followed. The CCO will work closely with several key stakeholders, colleges departments and offices, including the Vice President for Research and the Office of Employee Services.
The Compliance Office serves a variety of functions at the university. Primarily responsibilities include:
- Facilitation of employee's complaints alleging illegal discrimination and related retaliation.
- Facilitation of employee or student complaints alleging discrimination on the basis of disability.
- Response to the requests for Public Information, made pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act.
- Facilitation of the university's review of complaints made to the Ethics Point Hotline.
- Oversight of the University Rules and Procedures.
- Oversight of the university's Title IX program, resources for a pregnant or parenting student, and education.
- Oversight of the university's Export Controls program and education.
- Liaison to The Texas A&M University System Office of General Counsel & university representative in legal matters.
- Ensuring compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements.
Other Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Coordinates, prepares and submits the annual compliance plan and quarterly compliance reports to the System Ethics and Compliance Office.
- Serves as liaison to The Texas A&M University System Office of General Counsel on litigation-related matters and as the university representative on litigation cases.
- Compliance liaison between all audit organizations and university departments.
- Develops and implements employee development and training programs/workshops related to all subject matters administered by the Compliance Office. Monitor training activities for other compliance related areas.
- Serves as the System Member coordinator for the Ethics Point Waste, Fraud, and Abuse Hotline; establishes and provides direction and management of compliance issues.
- Collaborates with others to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with the System Office of General Counsel to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Oversees informal and formal compliance reviews of established standards with identified offices and/or officials; verifies status of compliance activities and identifies trends; monitors progress of activities.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops and supports corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Monitors and measures the effectiveness of the efforts with filling requests under the Texas Public Information Act and Clery Act reporting.
- Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication program, including promoting use of the Ethics Point Hotline, heightened awareness of ethical conduct, and understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Five years of related experience overseeing significant compliance programs and/or activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, with a Juris Doctorate in relevant field preferred.
- Knowledge of compliance programs, practices and activities. Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Texas A&M-Kingsville invites applications to be submitted directly to the search firm, Anthem Executive. Review of completed applications will continue until the position is filled; however, completed applications should be received as quickly as possible, for optimal and full consideration. Candidates should include, with their curriculum vitae, a letter of application describing their relevant experiences and interest in the position. Please submit all nominations, applications, and communications directly to Anthem Executive at:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to
a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Texas A&M University-Kingsville is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Apply for Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly