Admissions Services Administrator
Dean College is a private, residential New England college grounded in a culture and tradition that all students deserve the opportunity to discover and exceed their greatest aspirations.
A personal and transformative community since 1865, Dean tirelessly inspires our students to unimagined heights through personalized support and integrated delivery of academic, co-curricular and experiential learning.
Our graduates are lifelong learners who thrive in their careers, embrace social responsibility and demonstrate leadership.
This is The Dean Difference.
Consistently recognized as a Top Regional College and a Best Value School by U.S. News & World Report and named a College of Distinction for four consecutive years, Dean serves approximately 1,200 full-time students and 300 part-time students and offers more than 50 combined bachelor's and associate degree programs and specializations, as well as a robust schedule of continuing studies and certificate programs throughout the year.
Dean College is perfectly situated in Franklin, Massachusetts, which is conveniently located between Boston and Providence, Rhode Island and is accessible to Boston by commuter rail. The Dean College/Franklin station is only a five-minute walk from campus. Approximately 90 percent of the College's student population lives on campus.
Dean provides a supportive academic environment that thrives on student engagement and exceptional teaching. The Dean Difference is exemplified through each student's commitment to their professional futures, social responsibility and leadership. Outside of the classroom, students participate in 16 athletic teams and more than 30 on-campus groups and organizations.
Ninety-six percent of our bachelor's degree students are employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months of graduation. Alumni are hard at work in top-ranked graduate programs and are employed by organizations such as Universal Studios, Dell Technologies, Liberty Mutual, Kraft Sports + Entertainment, the Boston Ballet, and more.
As the face of Dean College this critical position welcomes guests in person, by phone and electronically via email to the Office of Admission, assisting with registration and confirmation of campus tours, interviews, events and navigation to campus colleagues. This position also receives many calls and emails with questions about the college outside of Admissions and needs to be well informed of the entire college operation.
- Primary point of contact for Admission (greeting campus guests, responding/directing email and phone calls and maintaining calendar);
- Administer admissions email account forward or reply as applicable, ensuring all inquiries are attended to;
- Be knowledgeable of evolving State of MA Covid-19 regulations on campus visit compliance protocols;
- Assist students and families with registration process, navigation of dean.edu;
- Manage Unlinked ISIR process;
- Consolidation of duplicate student records in Admissions records system (Slate);
- Enter student, parent and school information into Slate;
- Maintain inventory of visitor packets, giveaways, promotional materials;
- Process budgeted expenses and maintain budget spreadsheets;
- Participate in monthly data collection and reporting initiatives;
- Oversee visitor parking signage;
- Order office supplies;
- Assist with mailings;
- Data integrity maintenance;
- Provide administrative assistance;
- Assist with on-campus admissions events which occasionally occur nights and weekends;
- Other duties as assigned.
Managerial and Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Build relationship with and oversee attendance of student ambassadors
- Bachelor's degree required;
- 2-3 years related experience;
- Experience in an academic setting;
- Slate and Colleague experience preferred;
- MUST LOVE PHONES and working with people;
- Strong attention to detail and critical thinking skills required;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills, time management, problem solving, organizational and customer service skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities with ease, work independently, collaboratively and across campus with a focus on service;
- Solid computer and record keeping abilities with proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Prior experience working with and contributing to a diverse workplace with the ability to interact with a broad range of constituents.
Dean College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons, including faculty and staff with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis. Dean College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, work-related injury or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees.
The Assistant Dean of Students, located on the second floor of the Campus Center, telephone 508-541-1841, coordinates the college's compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 Act.
The Director of Human Resources on the first floor of Dean Hall, telephone, 508-541-1681 coordinates the college's compliance with titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act and amendments, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
The Dean College Athletics Department is a Division III member of the NCAA and competes as a member of the Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC), Eastern Collegiate Football Conference (ECFC), and complies with all NCAA Division III Rules and Regulations.
Please submit your Resume/CV, Cover Letter, all unofficial transcripts; and contact information of three references. (PLEASE NOTE: Applications that are incomplete will not be considered).
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your Cover Letter and any additional documents.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Dean College Careers Account to check your completed application or upload additional documents.