Marian University seeks qualified applicants for the position of the Area Coordinator. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Residential and Commuter Life, the Area Coordinator will promote Marian University’s Catholic Franciscan Mission & Identity through their responsibility for the overall administration of one or more residence halls and supervision of the Resident Assistants working in those residence halls. Area Coordinators are also responsible for shaping the environment and experiences by providing services and programs aligned with the institution’s strategic goals for a vibrant, dynamic on-campus living experience. Thus, Area Coordinators specifically help create and support activities that are designed to enhance the retention and success of students. Area Coordinators are full-time, live-in, 12-month employees with paid benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engages the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan Intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate 7-17 undergraduate Resident Assistants and 1-3 hall assistants
- Provide leadership of hall community development through programmatic means and one-on-one contact within the context of the residential community development plan to provide a welcoming and engaging experience
- Assume leadership of Residential and Commuter Life projects or processes throughout the year including student staff training, student staff selection, in-service for staff, recognition and special events, as well as professional staff recruitment and selection
- Perform all administrative duties required to fulfill the Area Coordinator responsibilities and other special projects and activities, including hall openings and closings, the management of the building key systems, staff supervision, the processing of room changes, etc.
- Collaborate closely with the Center for Academic Success and Engagement, Counseling Center, Campus Police, Dining Services, Student Activities and Orientation, the Exchange, and Campus Ministry to connect residents to on-campus resources and provide residents with support
- Demonstrate cultural competence in race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, ability, ideology, religion, national origin, and other areas of diversity
- Manage student conduct in the hall by meeting with students who have violated university and/or hall policies according to the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Serve as a first-responder to residents in need, referring to appropriate offices as necessary
- Respond and assist in crisis and emergency situations, and complete appropriate follow up
- Participate in an on-call duty rotation for all campus housing units
- Interpret and implement Marian University and Office of Residential and Commuter Life objectives, policies, rules, and procedures for student staff and residents
- Serve as the financial, programmatic, and leadership advisor to hall councils
- Participate in departmental and divisional professional development activities
- Initiate, plan, supervise, and evaluate programming activities consistent with the goals and objectives of the Office of Residential and Commuter Life
- Integrate knowledge about students and their development into daily interactions and activities
- Carry out duties related to specifically assigned living learning communities
- Serve as a role model for all staff and residents in personal and professional practices
- Fulfill other general duties assigned by the Office of Residential and Commuter Life, Division of Student Success and Engagement, and/or Marian University
- A master’s degree in higher education/student affairs is preferred.
- Previous experience with residence life, counseling, or related field is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, exhibited good-decision making skills, demonstrated leadership and supervisory abilities are required.
- Salary: $36,000
- This is a 12 month, renewable live-in position.
- 1 or 2-bedroom, furnished apartment
- Access to Fitness Center
- Professional Development funding available
- Stipend for on-campus dining locations
- Cable/Internet provided
- Free Parking Pass
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply online here: https://marian.peopleadmin.com/postings/332
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Student Affairs Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Other Student Affairs Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Residence Life Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Indianapolis