Teacher of Biology/Chemistry
Deerfield Academy seeks a dynamic and experienced Teacher of Biology/Chemistry to start on August 18, 2021. We are looking for a teacher who exhibits excellence in the classroom, encourages students’ development as informed and ethical citizens of the world, and is interested in working collaboratively with colleagues. Deerfield teachers enjoy an outstanding work environment and excellent benefits, and engage with motivated students. As a private boarding school, Deerfield actively seeks to increase the diversity of its faculty and develop an inclusive community. Interested candidates should be enthusiastic about living in close proximity to teenagers and working with students in and outside of the classroom.
- The primary responsibility is to teach science courses for all levels: introductory biology and chemistry, Advanced Placement biology, and senior project-based courses.
- Other responsibilities include those that are normally part of a boarding school commitment: dormitory association, coaching sports or supervising co-curricular activities, dining hall duties, and committee work.
- Three years of experience teaching biology and chemistry at the high school or college level.
- A master’s degree (preferred).
- Interest in and demonstrated skill working with adolescents.
- The interest, initiative, and energy to thrive in a lively and fast-paced residential academic community.
- A sense of humor, humility, and the ability to work as part of a team.
- A commitment to an inclusive community.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Deerfield
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Deerfield
- Biology & Life Sciences Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Deerfield
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Deerfield