Client Advocate #605286
The Social Work Department is seeking a Client Advocate to support the Child Welfare Training Unit co-located at the Flagstaff Department of Child Safety office. This position provides case aide and office support services.
Duties include working with child protective social work staff and students to develop and implement case aide services; develop familiarity with community resources and make appropriate referrals; secure client appointments for services; provide and arrange transportation; make visits to parents, foster homes, and community agencies; provide supervision of visits between children and parents; handle document production including confidential reports; maintain both computerized and paper office records; interact with/gain knowledge of the referral process for DCS contracted services; provide general office support services.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree
- One year working with Department of Child Safety
- Demonstrated knowledge of current Arizona Department of Child Safety policies and procedures as applicable and pertaining to case aide assignments.
- Two or more years working with children and families from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Experience in: Microsoft Applications (MS Word) and DES CHILDS program.
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply
Complete the required information and attach a single Word or PDF document, which includes:
- Cover letter
- Three professional references (names, addresses and phone numbers)
Resume and cover letter should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Preferred qualifications of this position.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.