Director of Admissions
The Director of Admissions is an unclassified position reporting to the Vice Chancellor of Strategic Initiatives. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of internal and external recruitment activities, public relations, strategic leadership, develop key recruitment partnerships, communications, and the admissions processing of undergraduate and graduate student applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Admissions will work to strategically lead the university admissions and recruitment activities, including the following:
- Develop and lead the admissions team with cutting-edge tactics for both recruitment of multiple student segments, and refinement of admissions processes.
- Have the ability to create, understand, and utilize data to make recruitment strategy decisions.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement related to staff development, process development, and goal-setting for the admissions team.
- Implement and evaluate policies and procedures to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of admissions and recruitment programs.
- Manage overall decision-making with respect to the CRM system for multiple prospective student groups.
- Supervise selected staff members in the Admissions department.
- Develop effective on-campus programs and events that impact student enrollment.
- Lead recruitment and relationship efforts with school officials in secondary schools, post-secondary institutions and agencies.
- Work with the Director of Media and Public Relations and VCSI on creative recruitment publications both in print and digital format.
- Present creative messaging in recruitment publications and oversee detailed communication flow to all prospective student segments.
- Direct budget expenditures for recruitment and admissions activities.
- Ensure compliance with university, division, and department policies.
- Implement functions of the Strategic Enrollment plan related to admissions activities
- Work in tandem with the Financial Aid team and the Director of Scholarships to ensure smooth messaging and coordination in financial awards.
- Work in coordination with the Records Office to ensure appropriate documentation is collected for new students.
- Develop and manage annual promotion and event calendar based on the recruitment cycle.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Key Performance Traits/Abilities
- Public Speaking
- Data Analysis for Decision-Making
- Leadership and Performance Management
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate their ability to have innovatively created successful recruitment plans that have increased enrollment in multiple student segments; have had substantial and progressive management and leadership experience; have the ability to create, understand, and use data in decision-making; and show significant achievements in the planning and execution of recruitment events.
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred. Minimum of five years of experience in leading complex teams, preferably in university admissions, records, and enrollment management or student recruitment preferred.