Research Assistant II
The Systems Onco-Immunology Lab (SOIL - https://www.bcm.edu/departments/surgery/surgical-research/systems-onco-immunology-lab) in the Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery is seeking an enthusiastic scientist to undertake research projects in the field of tumor immunology and immunotherapy. The research will focus on thoracic malignancies including lung cancer and malignant pleural mesothelioma to identify and develop novel therapeutic approaches for these malignancies. Both human tissue samples and sophisticated animal models will be utilized and analyzed using the most advanced technologies. The scientist will work under the general guidance of a principal investigator but will be anticipated to plan and implement experiments and analyze their results independently. Prior experience in the field of immunology is highly desired though not mandatory.
The research focuses on thoracic malignancies including lung cancer and malignant pleural mesothelioma to identify predictive/prognostic biomarkers and develop novel therapeutic approaches for clinical trials. Both human tissue samples and sophisticated animal models are utilized and analyzed using the most advanced single-cell technologies including time-of-flight mass cytometry and imaging mass cytometry. Therefore, the most essential work of this position is to 1) design, organize, perform, and analyze preclinical in vivo experiments using various mouse models and 2) harvest, collect, and utilize experimental specimens.
The special responsibilities of research assistants in our lab include:
- Setting and performing in vivo mouse experiments.
- Managing animal facility.
- Organizing experimental schedules.
- Collecting human and mice tissues with single cell preparations.
- Creating and reviewing procedures.
- Managing the safety in the lab.
- Modifying and upgrading the experiments planned.
- Writing and revising animal protocols for IRB approval.
- Ordering lab items, including mice.
- Managing transfers and activities in collaboration with other labs.
- Using and arranging core labs for immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry, time-of-flight mass cytometry, imaging mass cytometry, DNA and RNA sequencing, mass spectrometry, and so on.
- Checking all equipment in the lab regularly.
- Managing cryotanks and refrigerators.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston