Front Desk Specialist II
Front Desk Specialist II responsibilities include: Greeting and registering patients, making appointments, verifying insurance, answering phones, entering client data into electronic health record and homeless management information system. Requires exceptional communication and customer service skills, experience, and proficiency with patient registration functions. Must be punctual, dependable, and flexible with assignments. Those with personal experience of homelessness are strongly encouraged to apply. This position reports directly to the Director of Clinical Services. Position located in Southern Downtown Houston.
- Follows all the procedures of the organization with respect to check in and check out procedures, understanding the concerns of the patients and help provide a resolution.
- Utilizes computer equipment and programs to add new patient information, print out relevant forms for processing and schedule appointments.
- Ensures patient contact and emergency contact information is accurately documented in the system.
- Handles the incoming calls and provides accurate details on appointment times and clinic services.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations by maintaining highest level of confidentially with the accessible information.
- Maintains work area and patient waiting area in a neat and orderly manner.
- Obtains or verifies and enters complete and accurate patient demographic data and insurance information in EPIC.
- Collects co-pay, deductible, coinsurance or account balances from the patient, prints the patient a receipt and posts payment in EPIC software.
- Handles conflict resolution with guests who are displeased with services.
- Develops familiarity with office machines (e.g. fax, printer etc.).
- Utilizes knowledge of office management and basic bookkeeping.
- Monitors office supplies and place orders when necessary.
- Performs inventory of office supplies on a monthly basis.
- Assists Senior Practice Managers with projects as needed.
- Facilitates equipment service calls and work orders for repairs to facilities.
- Serves as a back-up on calendar scheduling and room reservations.
- Handles postal incoming mail and serves as a back-up for heavy fax distribution for 3 clinic locations.
- Takes accurate meeting minutes.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- At least three years of medical front office experience
- Knowledge of Epic and electronic health records
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Patient Registration and electronic health record data entry skills
- Strong interpersonal and social skills with demonstrated ability to interact with a variety of individuals including those with behavioral health needs
- Physical requirements: Lift up to 25 pounds (laptop computer, small office equipment use, or similar items); Must be able to stand, sit, walk, kneel, and bend
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex situations
- Enthusiasm, interest, and ability to empathize with those who are homeless
- Fosters a respectful sensitivity and non-judgmental attitude towards clients that may have multiple disabilities or mentally ill
- Treats clients, co-workers, and others with dignity and respect
- Committed to addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical solutions
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.