Assistant Director of Assessment and Accreditation
The Virginia Tech School of Education is inviting applications for the position of Assistant Director of Assessment and Accreditation. The new Assistant Director will have the opportunity to build assessment practices that ensure the continuous improvement of curricular programs in the School of Education. Additionally, the Assistant Director will help continue the School’s long-standing, successful record of attaining accreditation from the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), Council for Accreditation of Counselor and Related Educational Programs (CACREP), and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). This position is a calendar year assistant or associate professor of practice appointment renewable every five years.
The School of Education’s Assistant Director of Assessment and Accreditation is responsible for the design, implementation, and management of a comprehensive and integrated assessment system that:
• provides information to evaluate the productivity, effectiveness, and impact of the School’s academic programs, and
• meets the accreditation requirements of multiple agencies.
The Assistant Director is responsible for:
1. Ongoing design and implementation of a digital quality assurance system that will provide valid and reliable data for administrators, faculty, and staff to evaluate the School’s programs
2. Co-developing and overseeing the implementation of key assessments, learning outcomes, and program outcomes that overlap with meeting accreditation requirements (e.g. explore integration of course management system for data collection)
3. Working with faculty members, administrators, and other stakeholders to implement assessment and evaluation activities for the School of Education
4. Collaborating with the University Office of Analytics and Institutional Effectiveness to share already existing data and advance the School of Education’s continuous improvement initiatives
5. Serving as liaison (or co-liaison) to CAEP and CACREP
6. Managing unit accreditation reporting and visits, including all aspects of national and state accreditation reporting, writing unit and program level self-study reports (with input), and any related follow-up reports, including annual updates
7. Maintaining and strengthening a culture of assessment by routinely reviewing assessments and reports to determine necessary adjustments to existing curricula, ongoing assessment, data sources, and/or activities
8. Representing VT SOE programs at relevant accreditation conferences and meetings, and communicating accreditation status and progress to internal and external stakeholders
9. Providing training to those involved in accreditation activities, including the development and evaluation of key assessments, data collection, analysis, and interpretation of assessment data
10. Possible teaching of educational research and evaluation courses
• Terminal degree (Ph.D. or Ed.D.) from a regionally accredited college or university in an appropriate discipline/field (e.g., educational research, educational psychology, higher education administration, statistics) at the time of appointment
• Knowledge of measurement, data analysis, research design, and qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
• Demonstrated expertise of the principles and practices of assessment and evaluation
• Knowledge of regional and/or disciplinary accreditation standards and reporting
• Record of handling complex tasks, strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity and equity
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Experience working with accreditation agencies
• Working knowledge of SPSS, R, or comparable statistical analysis program
• Teaching experience in higher education, online and/or face-to-face
• Ability to develop, implement, and utilize information systems
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Awareness of obstacles and opportunities associated with fostering an institution-wide culture and commitment to assessment
• Experience with or knowledge of grant evaluation practices
• Experience in outcomes assessment and related activities within a higher education setting
• Advanced psychometric training and/or research experience
Commensurate with experience
Review of applications will begin on April 19, 2021, and continue until position is filled.
To apply, please submit (1) a cover letter detailing your qualifications for the position and vision for the role of Assistant Director of Assessment and Accreditation, (2) a curriculum vitae, and (3) names and contact information for three references. Application materials must be submitted online at www.jobs.vt.edu , Job number 515594.
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
Employment is contingent upon submission of official university transcripts and a criminal background check.
Occasional travel to national conferences is required.
Questions may be directed to Bonnie Billingsley, Search Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Sherri Albert at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: March 30, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg