Notre Dame of Maryland University
Notre Dame of Maryland University (NDMU) is a private, independent institution anchored in the lovely Homeland neighborhood of Baltimore city with outreach programs in the state serving central and southern Maryland and the Eastern Shore. Founded as a Catholic women's college in 1897, NDMU now a comprehensive university, offers baccalaureate degree in the women's college and co-ed undergraduate programs for adults, and graduate programs through the School of Arts, Sciences, and Business; School of Education; School of Nursing; and School of Pharmacy.
The Chaplain, in conjunction with the Director of Campus Ministry, fosters the liturgical, spiritual, personal and social development of the university community through presence on campus and by participating in a variety of services, retreats and programs. Faithful to our Catholic heritage, the chaplain's ministry is Catholic in its truest sense, reaching out to people of all faiths on a campus of rich religious diversity. Some of the essential functions:
- Provide pastoral care, spiritual formation and growth and sacramental services for students, faculty and staff.
- Be available for counseling, spiritual direction, and Reconciliation.
- Directs the RCIA program on campus.
- Assist in implementing various aspects of the program as discussed with the Director of Campus Ministry.
- Promote(s) an atmosphere of presence on campus by attending and providing leadership to various campus functions, retreats, and activities.
- Celebrates Sunday Mass and three weekly masses for the university community. Also celebrates university-wide Masses including, but not limited to: Welcome Week Mass, Mass of the Holy Spirit, Reunion Weekend, Family Weekend, Christmas Eve, Baccalaureate and Partners in Mission.
Knowledge : Ordained Roman Catholic Priest in good standing with the Archdiocese of Baltimore. Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred in a related field (Theology, Pastoral Ministry, etc.) Current theology, ecclesiology, etc.
Experience : Campus/youth ministry, and/or education preferred. Demonstrated ability to relate well in ministry to the varied populations on campus.
Skills/Aptitude : Excellent communication and interactional skills. Works collaboratively and interacts well with the Director of Campus Ministry and all campus community members. Basic computer skills.
Working Conditions : Normal office environment Some overtime may be required as well as a degree of flexibility in schedule.
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or email@example.com . Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.
All applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references