Coordinator - Community Engagement
Coordinates and executes specific activities, programs, and services for students, organizations, leadership programs and other campus programs and events. Provide information and resources for students, parents, and University staff related to campus programs and service opportunities. Participate in program development and make recommendations for improvement. Prepare and review expenditures related to department and fee-funded group budgets. Oversee student employees and volunteers. Promote safety and compliance in activities.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Manages logistics, publicity, development, and recruitment for Community Engagement service events including, but not limited to: 9/11 Day of Remembrance and Service, MLK Day of Service, Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon Day, Volunteer Fairs, Broncho Rally, Civic and Voter Engagement Initiatives, and other events/programs as assigned
- Advises UCO Alternative Breaks including training student and staff leaders, attending meetings, managing the budgets, assisting in coordination of all aspects of the Weekend, Fall, and Spring Break experiences, and serving as a contact for Breakaway.
- Advises President’s Club Children’s Christmas Party by guiding the coordination of all aspects of the event, overseeing the recruitment, selection, and development of executive team members, attending meetings, managing the budgets, and serving as a liaison with Edmond Public Schools
- Assists in the management of the Central Pantry (on-campus food pantry) through supervision of the Central Pantry student interns, facilitating volunteer recruitment and maintenance, client services, and inventory control
- Supports the mission of the office through:
- Building connections with community agencies
- Recruiting student and campus volunteers to serve with community partners, with campus service events, and other office programs through presentations and campus marketing
- Maintaining consistent communication with students, faculty, staff, and campus and community constituents about service opportunities and community needs
- Promoting and guiding students through the use of the UCORE service system used for finding and logging service hours
- Executing service hour tracking processes for individuals, student organizations, service reporting, and award application needs
- Participates in the forward motion of the office and its goals through participation in office strategic and budget planning and conducting on-going research and learning to stay in tune with current trends and best practices of volunteer centers at peer institutions and Oklahoma universities
- Performs other related duties as assigned
The Office of Community Engagement empowers students to become active citizens and develop a responsibility toward community through service and volunteerism; community partnerships and connections; intentional learning opportunities; and, a focus on civic engagement and critical societal issues. Through involvement and participation in Community Engagement’s programs, leadership opportunities and student-led events, UCO students have the opportunity to give back to and invest in their community on a variety of levels.
Outside of the programs and events hosted by Community Engagement, the office supports UCO students, faculty and staff in their efforts to engage themselves in their community through:
- On- and Off-Campus Volunteer Opportunities: Community Engagement can match individuals with community opportunities or agencies based on their interests and provides numerous opportunities to volunteer at and support on-campus UCO events;
- Faculty Support for Service-Learning Partnerships and Projects: Community Engagement, along with the Service-Learning Advisory Board, provides support for faculty members as they build service-learning projects into their curriculum, by providing the connection to community partners and nonprofit organizations that are in search of assistance;
- Service Hour Tracking and Records: Community Engagement can help track and verify all service hours and provide a full record of all service completed while at UCO; and,
- Services and Resources: Community Engagement provides services and resources designed to positively impact student success and retention at Central, including the Central Pantry, Off-Campus Living Resources and much more.
Requires a bachelor's degree in field plus 3+ years of relevant experience in the chosen field or 7+ years of equivalent work experience that provides knowledge of and exposure to fundamental theories, principles, and concepts. Requires the application of expertise in a chosen field to achieve results.
Master's degree preferred with related experience in a higher education setting. Demonstrated experience in leading, developing, implementing, and evaluating service-based programs. Ability to collaborate by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with faculty, administrators, staff, students, and community partners. Budget experience.
Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, human relations, public relations, and organizational skills. Customer service and event management skills. Computer proficiency preferably in Microsoft Office. Ability to work independently, handles multiple tasks simultaneously, and interacts professionally with all segments of the University community. Must be detail-oriented and a team player. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond