Administrative Assistant 2 - Music
Performs general administrative and office support activities; may support faculty, professionals, or a team. Performs word processing and data entry. Maintains file system and department or customer records. Prepares reports and presentation materials and makes copies. Receives and responds to correspondence, manages multi-line telephone system, and may manage department email inbox. Receives and directs visitors and may perform customer service related duties. Sets up for meetings and events, books appointments, manages calendars and/or event spaces. Makes travel arrangements, orders and maintains an inventory of supplies, and makes purchases/complete requisitions. Generates basic reports, transcribes minutes from meetings, and conducts general research. May handle confidential information.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
- Provides secretarial and administrative support for one or several department professionals or offices.
- Is responsible for the functioning of an office or department.
- Initiates and handles correspondence relating to a department or program.
- Performs a variety of sorting and filing tasks; answers the phone, takes messages, and disseminates information;
- Opens, sorts, distributes, collects, and delivers mail;
- Performs a number of tasks such as posting and recording data.
- Produces documents of various levels of complexity, ranging from plain copy typing to the manipulation of data to create presentations.
- May make contacts of a sensitive, complex, and confidential nature.
- Is responsible for providing various services to customers such as assisting customers in securing needed information and documents.
- Manages SOM Master Calendar
- Plans Events and Meetings.
- Schedules Music Building Rooms.
- Schedules and Books Music performance venues (Music Building, Radke Fine Arts Theatre, Recital Hall, maintains the rental contracts, etc.)
- Organizes equipment moves for School of Music events.
- Maintains instrument inventory list for insurance coverage purposes.
- Checks out and returns instruments for students.
- Tracks maintenance of instruments owned by the UCO School of Music and sends for repair.
- Collects syllabi, CVs, and door schedules from School of Music faculty and files/posts/renames as needed to be in compliance with university record-keeping.
- Maintains departmental student records (scanned into database)
- Supervises and schedules student workers and stage hands.
- Does hiring paperwork and contracts for student workers.
- Serves as the Music Building Captain.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Assists with concerts and events for the School of Music as needed (only on rare occasions).
- Administrates Central Community Music School (there is an additional stipend for this work)
Scope & Impact: This position is an intermediate level position responsible for providing a variety of clerical/administrative support, or manual labor, tasks for an office or department. This position may have minor to moderate impact on operations of multiple work areas.
Communication & Interaction : Routinely answers questions and provides information and data requested by individuals within or outside of work area.
Effective Knowledge: Demonstrates ability to operate independently with intermittent supervision for day to day operations.
Problem Solving & Judgement : The successful candidate will be: - A team player with good interpersonal skills (complaints and requests from faculty, performers, and students must be met with good humor, patience, civility and understanding). - Someone who can be productive working either independently or as an assistant. - Open to learning new skills. - Someone with a good work ethic. - Someone who is trustworthy, responsible, and reliable.
Budget Authority: May compile data for budget preparation.
Policy & Procedure Authority: Primarily responsible for applying organizational policies and procedures and/or determining appropriate process to follow.
Reporting Relationships : Generally supports a manager or director-level leader, or a specific activity or function, and reports to Director of the School of Music.
Supervisory & Team Leadership Responsibilities : Supervises and coordinates student workers in the School of Music, and handles the administrative responsibilities of the Central Community Music School.
Performs administrative or manual tasks. Typically requires general education or vocational training and 3+ years’ relevant experience in chosen field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Previous experience as a receptionist, event or project coordinator.
Will this employee supervise others?
Yes. This Administrative Asst coordinates and schedules student workers in the School of Music, and handles the administration of tutors in the Central Community Music School.
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Arts Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Music Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Performing Arts Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond