Manager of Payroll 998266
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal art and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission . We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
Xavier University is seeking a Manager of Payroll. The Manager of Payroll has primary responsibility for the salaried semi-monthly payroll, supervises the hourly bi-weekly and student payroll processing and reports to the Director of Payroll. Performs payroll functions in the Director’s absence and supervises or assists in all payroll tasks and reporting as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible for the salaried, semi-monthly payroll and supervises the hourly bi-weekly and student payrolls as needed.
- Supervise the Payroll Specialist and ensure that the department provides excellent customer service.
- Manage the Leave Reporting process in Banner Employee Self-Service, as well as the approval queues in Administrative Banner (ERP).
- Process payroll withholding checks, upload files to various third parties, and reconcile the associated liability accounts.
- Manage and lead the FLAC (Faculty Load and Compensation) process that exists within Banner Employee Self-Service and Administrative Banner.
- Maintain integration with, as well as, review and ensure reporting by our tax reporting vendor.
- Research and respond to questions from employees, department on campus, and outside agencies.
- Enter various changes into the Banner HR system and ensure scanning and indexing of source documents.
- Assist the Director with system updates, implementing new technology, and Banner’s Salary Planner.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required: An Associate’s degree in Accounting or a related field. 10+ Years of full-time payroll experience can be substituted for the required degree. 5-10 Years full-time payroll experience with some supervisory experience. Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Must have strong attention to detail skills and be able to function in a fast paced, deadline oriented role with frequent interruptions. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Should have experience with MS Excel, Word, and Outlook. Preference will be given to candidates with a payroll certification (FPC or CPP); a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field; in-house payroll experience; and experience with ERP computer systems.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website by April 20, 2021 .