Finance and HR Coordinator
The Office of Integrity, Safety, and Compliance (OISC ) welcomes applications for a Finance and HR Coordinator to champion the day-to-day financial and human resources aspects of the organizational strategic goals, promoting the efficient and effective use of existing financial resources.
This position will enter, collect, and analyze the day to day fiscal and planning activities including budget planning, financial modeling, financial reporting, asset management, rate-setting, and transactional accounting including payroll entries; tracking and measuring progress toward long-range strategic plans; and developing funding requests and mechanisms for new service initiatives.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The mission of Finance & Business Support is to provide high-quality, specialized financial and business services that optimally support the mission, vision, and strategy of the Office of Integrity, Safety, and Compliance (OISC), Boulder Strategic Resources and Support, and the University. The Office of Integrity, Safety, and Compliance includes the Police Department, Information Risk and Cyber Security, Digital Accessibility, and Flight Operations and Campus Compliance.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Financial Analysis and Support
- Ensure procurement needs are reviewed and approved prior to purchasing.
- Enter, review, and analyze financial data (running budget reports, position management, cost-benefit analysis, monthly JEs and PETs for PD and OISC Staff, etc.) to assist with overall production, financial analysis, and communication of budget data and budget processes for the division.
- Provide analyses, projections, and presentations of financial data, including the budget submissions for Finance Director and BFP (Budget and Financial Planning).
- Work in close consultation with various campus and University offices especially the Procurement Services Center (PSC), Planning, Budget & Analysis (PBA), and Accounting & Business Support (ABS), and OIT Office of Financial Planning to represent the needs and interests of OISC by establishing strong relationships and partnerships.
Human Resources Support
- Provide customer service to the Digital Accessibility, Office of Integrity, Safety, and Compliance, and Cyber Security departments that use the university payroll systems.
- Enter staffing changes and position description changes into the talent management system.
- Assist with welcoming New Employees and completing onboarding procedure and implementation of a new payroll system.
- Ensure monthly leave balances and payroll are posted properly.
- Coordinate all aspects of student employee hiring.
- Attend and support major campus events by working as a finance and business agent assisting with logistics and time keeping for support staff (sporting events, commencement, summer concerts, political events, etc.).
- Assist with developing and coordinating various assignments for the student internship program.
What You Should Know
- This position will require a background investigation including a personal history questionnaire, criminal background check, an Excluded Parties List System check, integrity interview, and a reference check.
What We Can Offer
The salary range for this position is $45,000 - $52,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Collaborative. Be Impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, accounting, finance, human resources, or a related field. A combination of education and/or relevant experience may substitute for the educational requirements on a year for year basis.
- Proficiency in Excel and enterprise management software (for example, PeopleSoft or HCM or similar systems).
- At least 1 year of Business or Human Resources experience which can include internship or full-time work experience.
What You Will Need
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to collegially work in a shared governance structure (i.e., an environment of shared decision making).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to accurately enter data into various university software systems.
- Ability to thrive in both a collaborative and independent work environment. Proactive approach and adaptability.
- Ability to learn university, state, and federal rules pertaining to financial and budgetary activity.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Professional experience in the fields of finance, business, and/or human resources.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1.A current resume.
2.A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by 4/8/2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org