OPS Athletic Trainer
This 10 month position as Athletic Trainer assists with the care and management of student-athletes competing in the University’s intercollegiate athletics programs, including the prevention, evaluation, management, and rehabilitation of sports injuries.
Possible Sport Assignments are:
1. Softball & Cross Country
2. Volleyball & Cheerleading
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
• Provides daily health-care to FGCU student-athletes. This includes injury/illness prevention/assessment, medical referral/follow-up, rehabilitation/reconditioning, medical documentation, and inter department communication.
• Implements preventative and rehabilitation programs to treat athletic injuries using the appropriate therapeutic modalities and treatments.
• Uses a variety of therapeutic modalities in accordance with physician orders including heat, cold, light, sound, electricity and rehabilitation and exercise equipment.
• Applies bandages, tapes, and braces to prevent and treat injuries.
• Coordinates program with university Athletic Department doctors and physicians to ensure quality treatment for student-athletes in a timely fashion.
• Provides game coverage, including traveling to away games.
• Maintains appropriate medical records of injuries, treatment plans, and progress using electronic medical record software.
• Transports students to appointments (e.g. doctor, surgery, etc.).
• Complies with all University, Atlantic Sun Conference, or Coastal Collegiate Swimming Association ( CCSA ) regulations, as well as all NCAA rules and regulations. Responsible to remain current with all changes in NCAA, as well as changes to University, Atlantic Sun Conference and CCSA rules and regulations regarding intercollegiate athletics including the requirement for self-reporting any possible rule violations. Any violation of NCAA rules is prohibited and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Athletic Training, Sports Medicine, or closely related field.
Possess National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification ( NATABOC ) certificate and CPR/AED certification.
Licensed as an athletic trainer in Florida or license eligible at the time of employment.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel throughout the country.
Insurance pre-authorization, claim filing, and processing experience.
Experience with athletic training student supervision and clinical education.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to operate personal computers with proficiency and learn new applications and systems.
• Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
• Ability to think critically and make clear, well-reasoned and timely decisions.
• Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations and environments.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
• Ability to work evenings, nights and weekends as necessary.
• Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
• Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
• Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
• Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
• Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
• Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
• Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
• Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
Salary Range : $20,000.00 - 10 Month Position
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.