Job Code/Title 83001 - H - Research Coordinator 1 Position Number HU1332 Working Title Project Coordinator Department Family Medicine & Population Health Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $19-$27 Campus MCV Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 14/hrs Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
Seeking a part-time project coordinator is needed for a grant-funded project to provide information and technical assistance to Cooperative Extension impact teams about a community engagement method for research development and action planning. We will be creating and sharing materials (e.g., webinars and training videos) with people across the country interested in using the SEED Method and will provide technical assistance.
The project coordinator will assist the principal investigators with all aspects of project administration, including scheduling activities and meetings, providing documentation, assisting with communication, coordinating with project partners, and tracking participation and evaluation data.
• Bachelor’s degree in public health, social sciences or equivalent related experience
• Familiarity with the research process or a willingness to learn
• Excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organization, time management and critical thinking skills
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse environment
• A graduate degree in public health, social sciences or related field
• Previous community engagement/research experience
• A strong interest in community engagement
• Background in public health or social sciences
Job Open Date 03/30/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/104716 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond