Posting Number S01372 Position Title Staff Therapist/Psychologist Internal Position Title Staff Psychologist Department Counseling and Psych Services Position Type Staff Job Family Professional Job Summary
The Therapist or Psychologist will provide clinical consultation and assessment, crisis counseling and intervention, and brief psychotherapy to a diverse student population. This candidate will refer students to community resources for long-term treatment and collaborate with ongoing treatment providers for continuity of care.
Additionally, the successful incumbent will design and implement psycho-educational programs, outreach activity for students, faculty, staff, campus organizations, related academic departments, and the college community.
The therapist/psychologist will serve as an ambassador for policy change and will be accountable for the planning, communicating, evaluating, coordinating and training of CLC’s students, staff and faculty regarding the facts on mental health conditions and recognizing early warning signs of mental health crises and what to do.
This position will also work closely with CLC counseling faculty to assist students, staff and faculty to identify the signs and symptoms of mental health issues; and increase awareness on where and when to seek help.
The Therapist/Psychologist will report to the Director of Counseling and Psychological Services and is responsible for providing short term therapy to students through the College’s Behavioral Health Services.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. Staff Therapist – Master’s degree in Social Work. Counseling, or Psychology from an accredited program and clinical licensure ( LCSW or LCPC ) in the State of Illinois at the time of hire.
Staff Psychologist – Doctoral degree in Counseling or Clinical Psychology (PhD or PsyD) from an APA -accredited program, doctoral internship from an APA -accredited site, and licensure as a clinical psychologist in the State of Illinois at the time of hire.
2. Ability to work flexible hours including some evening hours consistent with student needs is necessary.
3. A high level of interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to write and present educational programs.
4. A commitment to the community college mission and to working with diverse student populations.
5. Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Ph.D. or Psy.D. in clinical or counseling psychology.
2. Experience working in higher education environment.
3. Successful experience providing therapy to young adults age 17-26 in a mental health setting.
4. Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Posting Date 03/30/2021 Closing Date 04/30/2021 Expected Start Date 06/01/2021 Special Instructions Summary Pay Rate The salary for this position is high 50s to low 60s commensurate with experience and education. Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40.00 Work Schedule
8am – 4:30pm Monday – Friday with one or two night evening opportunities.
Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements Presentation EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Student Counseling and Case Management (75%)
• Provide short-term counseling and psychotherapy for CLC students and make appropriate referrals for students in need of more intensive mental health support.
• Provide group counseling for CLC students, through general therapy group or group that focuses on a specific clinical issue.
• Provide outreach and prevention services that addresses the needs of CLC students.
• Provide training and consultation services to CLC staff and faculty.
• Develop a system of mental health support for students in need of assistance where diagnostic assessment and testing can be offered with a commitment to evidence based practice with the ability to communicate assessment results in written and verbal form clearly and accurately.
• Interact effectively with persons of diverse socio-economic, racial, ethnic, international, sexual, and gender identities; and commitment to multiculturalism and serving underrepresented populations.
• Participate in On-Call system and response to student crises during hours of college operation.
• Provide case management that include daily appointments with students, assessing students for mental health support needs, developing a structured and formal referral process for long-term treatment and/or collaborate with ongoing treatment providers.
Strategic Leadership and Operations Management (25%)
• Develop/participate in working relationships with other departments that share an interest in student wellness and personal development.
• Work closely with CLC academic/career counseling faculty to facilitate a student transition process from the academic/career counseling faculty to the licensed mental health professionals.
• Work with CLC academic/guidance counseling faculty to assure student referrals to BIT .
• Interpret psychological assessments as well as conduct intellectual, behavioral, personality, and diagnostic assessments.
• Supervise student interns.
• Maintain confidentiality of students’ treatment records and ensure FERPA and/or HIPPA confidentiality to assure compliance with APA Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct, and legal requirements regarding mandated reporting.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of CAPS .
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, or
Psychology from an accredited program and has/will have clinical
licensure (LCSW or LCPC) in the State of Illinois at the time of
hire? OR a Doctoral degree in Counseling or Clinical Psychology
(PhD or PsyD) from an APA-accredited program, doctoral internship
from an APA-accredited site, and licensure as a clinical
psychologist in the State of Illinois at the time of hire?
- * Do you have the ability to work flexible hours including some
evening hours consistent with student needs as necessary?
- * Do you have a Ph.D. or Psy.D. in clinical or counseling
- * Do you have experience working in higher education?
- * Do you have successful experience providing therapy to young
adults age 17-26 in a mental health setting?
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Counsellor Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Psychology Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake