Tenure-Track Associate Professor/Assistant Professor (several posts)
Applications are invited for appointment as Tenure-Track Associate Professor / Assistant Professor (several posts) in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Ref.: 503627), to commence as soon as possible, on a three-year fixed-term basis, with consideration for tenure before the expiry of a second three-year fixed-term contract.
The Department offers B.Eng., M.Sc., M.Phil. and Ph.D. programmes. The B.Eng. programmes comprise Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering (jointly with the Department of Computer Science) and Biomedical Engineering (jointly with the Faculty of Engineering and the Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine). The Department consists of 45 full-time teaching staff and has excellent computing resources, well-equipped teaching and research facilities and supports. Information about the Department can be obtained at http://www.eee.hku.hk/ .
Applicants should possess a Ph.D. degree in Computer / Electrical / Electronic Engineering or a closely related field, with a strong commitment to research and teaching. A solid track record in research is essential, preferably in, but not restricted to the following areas:
- Energy Internet (particularly related to integrated energy systems, power systems, power electronics, energy economics, and information networks);
- Next-Generation Wireless Communications (particularly related to wireless communications and networking, 5G-and-beyond technologies, communication system implementation, and communication IC design);
- Interdisciplinary AI (particularly for healthcare, Internet-of-Things, enabling wireless communications, edge AI, and autonomous driving).
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits. At current rates, salaries tax does not exceed 15% of gross income. The appointment will attract a contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totaling up to 15% of basic salary. Housing benefits will be provided as applicable.
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date C.V., a research statement and a teaching statement. Applicants are highly encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible. Review of applications will start from April 1, 2021 and continue until April 30, 2021, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
Advertised: Mar 30, 2021 (HK Time)
Applications close: Apr 30, 2021 (HK Time)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Hong Kong
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Hong Kong
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Hong Kong
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Hong Kong
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Hong Kong