Assistant Professor - Computer Science
Assistant Professor - Tenure Track
College of Arts and Sciences
The department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Adelphi University invites applications for one full-time tenure track position at the rank of Assistant Professor, to start Fall 2021. We seek candidates with a strong commitment to excellence in teaching and scholarly research in the field of computer science. The successful candidate will be expected to teach in our undergraduate as well as graduate programs, which include the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, the Bachelor of Science in Information Systems, and the Master of Science in Computer Science. The candidate must be committed to teaching excellence, establishing a scholarly publication record, and serving as an active member of the Adelphi community. The position requires teaching courses in the undergraduate programs, producing intellectual contributions, and engaging in institutional service. The successful candidate will be committed to fostering diversity and inclusion while teaching a diverse student body. The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science is interested in further strengthening the diversity of its faculty and is committed to foster a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Faculty members teach 18 credits annually (2-3 courses per semester)
- Teaching undergraduate and master's courses.
- Conducting and publishing research in topics relevant to computer science.
- Contributing to student growth and development through active involvement in student related activities (e.g., advising, working with student organizations).
- Providing service to the university.
- A doctoral degree in computer science or closely related discipline is required at time of appointment as a tenure-track member of the faculty.
- Affinity with departmental curricular initiatives is strongly preferred.
- Applications should include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, a teaching statement, a research statement, and three letters of recommendation.
- Candidates must submit a diversity statement, or may explicitly include discussing diversity and inclusion in their teaching and/or research statements.
- Abstracts of recent publications are welcome as part of the application.
- To be considered, applications must be submitted through the Adelphi website only.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected research and teaching university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students more than 50 undergraduate majors and 70 graduate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 115,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 41 states and 58 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=43&rid=2514