Wellness Room Attendant
POSITION SUMMARY: The wellness room attendant is responsible for overseeing the exercise room areas in the Student Center. While on duty, the attendant should not be exercising or working out. Attendant must enforce wellness room rules. Wellness Room attendant must also ensure that the wellness room is kept neat and clutter free, replacing weights to racks when necessary. Attendant must be available to work for a flexible schedule
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: List job responsibilities/functions here:
- Coordinates and/or conducts and monitors use of the work out facility equipment.
- Completes forms documenting student participation; maintains logs, contact notes and other materials for usage by students; enters designated student data in computerized tracking system.
- Interfaces regularly with the coordinator of student activities to ensure that effective and appropriate services being delivered in the exercise facility and to report on student participation/performance.
- Collaborates with residence life staff and coordinator of student activities related to use of the exercise facility
- SECONDARY FUNCTIONS:
- Performs other duties as assigned
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of current student development theory and research
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Goal oriented self-starter; independent, energetic and enthusiastic professional
- Proven ability to serve diverse constituents and other publics
- Understanding of and familiarity with higher education and its organizational culture
- High level of computer literacy specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Demonstrated sensitivity to, respect for, and understanding of educational and social developmental needs of students
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and flexibility to prioritize during peak times
- Possession of a strong work ethic
- ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY:
Education: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
Experience: Minimum of two (2) years of direct student service in higher education preferred
Licenses or Certificates: None required.
Additional Requirements: A background and/or credit check will be required of the successful applicant. An official transcript (if applicable) and names, addresses and phone numbers of three (3) references will be required of the successful applicant.