Professional Services Specialist 3 (PSS3), Information Technology Services Systems Administrator
Stockton University is ranked among the top public universities in the Northeast with more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as continuing education opportunities. The University, one hour from Philadelphia and two hours from New York City, offers unique living and learning environments throughout southern New Jersey, including the 1,600 acre Galloway campus in the Pinelands National Reserve and Stockton University Atlantic City, located in the University District, just steps from the beach and the iconic Atlantic City Boardwalk. Additional locations include Hammonton, Manahawkin and Woodbine. As a public university, Stockton provides an environment for excellence to a diverse student body, including those from underrepresented populations, through an interdisciplinary approach to liberal arts, sciences and professional education. Founded in 1969, Stockton held its first classes in 1971. The University's commitment to cultural diversity and its welcoming and vibrant community makes Stockton a great place to learn and work! Learn more about the many reasons to choose Stockton at www.Stockton.edu
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Information Systems, works as a member of a team in the installation, upgrading, and maintenance of software systems, as well as installation and configuration of operating systems and system applications; does other related duties as required.
Regular Work Schedule is: Monday through Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm. The work schedule for this position may be adjusted as necessary to complete assigned projects and/or to support the needs of the institution including working on weekends and legal holidays, as well as availability during off-hours for participation in scheduled and unscheduled activities related to the stability and security of the institution's enterprise computer and telecommunication systems. The applicant's schedule should be flexible to accommodate these adjustments.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using Microsoft Word or PDF.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A current résumé
- A list of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email Address and Telephone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check, which may include social intelligence from a consumer reporting agency.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources (Main Campus, J-115) at 609-652-4384, Monday - Friday between 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions (faculty exempt) are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crimes Statistics Act (Clery Act), prospective employees may access Stockton's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASFSR) is available at https://www.stockton.edu/police/crime-statistics.html. The ASFSR contains the previous three years of reported Clery Act crime statistics, fire safety information and information regarding campus and personal safety. If you would like a paper copy of the report, please visit the Stockton University Police Department, building 71, 101 Vera King Farris Drive, Galloway Township, NJ, or call 609-652-4390, to request that a copy be mailed to you.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.
- Administer virtualized Linux and Windows servers including installation, configuration, and patching of such servers
- Implement and maintain software systems including installation, configuration, patching, integration, and automation of such systems
- Troubleshoot and correct issues in delivered and developed software systems
- Analyze and document requirements for new and/or upgraded software systems to determine best practices
- Conduct analysis and testing of existing software systems to ensure stability, security, and quality of service for end users
- Collaborate with other technical staff regarding large scale and/or complex problems requiring software and/or hardware technology solutions
- Consult, train and support end users with regards to new and/or existing software systems
- Maintain current working knowledge of software systems, technologies and trends related to current software systems and higher education
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Information Systems
- Support Stockton University's diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- Two years of professional level experience in administering Linux (RHEL/CentOS) and Windows servers in virtualized environments
- Working knowledge of web/application servers, proxying and database systems. Specific applications and technologies include but are not limited to Tomcat (including familiarity with Java), IIS, Oracle Database and MS SQL Server
- Applicants should possess the ability to troubleshoot all aspects of software systems
Applicants who do not have the required education may substitute experience on a year for year basis. A Master's degree may be substituted for one (1) year of required experience.
- Experience with containerized applications (Docker/Kubernetes) and/or cloud infrastructure as a service (AWS)