Vice Provost for Academic Affairs/Director of Graduate Education
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for the position of Vice Provost for Academic Affairs/Director of Graduate Education.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
This position reports to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. Coordinates various academic aspects of the university to enhance and support the academic mission at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Also, is a part of the leadership team in the Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and provides significant leadership to graduate education.
This position serves as liaison to the academic deans to facilitate communication and interaction with the Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and includes other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Also, this position has responsibility for the following areas in Academic Affairs:
- Graduate Education
- Institutional Research, Planning and Effectiveness
- Online Learning
- Undergraduate Research
- Terminal degree with faculty rank and tenure in a discipline offered by the University.
- A minimum of 5 years of administrative experience at the department, school/college and/or university level.
- Experience with accreditation, assessment and knowledge of Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS).
- Instructional technology and experience with promotion and tenure processes, faculty development, data-driven decision-making, budget, policy development, implementation and interpretation as demonstrated by level of administrative positions held.
- Demonstrated ability to expedite administrative processes with diplomacy and thoughtfulness.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and efficiently to accomplish goals.
10 or more years of administrative experience at the department, school/college and/or university level.
To be considered for this position, please include the following:
- A letter of application that addresses the responsibilities and qualifications of the position;
- Current curriculum vitae;
- At least five references with full contact information including emails. (References will not be contacted without consent from applicants);
- Additional information will be requested upon receipt of application.
If you have any issues and/or concerns with submitting materials for this position, please contact Fort Valley State University's Office of Human Resources at email@example.com or (478)825-6301.
Fort Valley State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate against applicants, students or employees on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or marital or veteran status.