Associate Professor of Psychology - Tenure Track
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for the position of tenure-track Associate Professor of Psychology for the College of Arts and Science.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
This position will teach courses in the discipline area of psychology. Develops and designs curriculum plans to foster student learning, stimulate class discussions, and ensures student engagement. Provides tutoring and academic counseling to students, maintains classes related records, and assesses student coursework. Collaborates and supports colleagues regarding research interests and co-curricular activities.
- Teaches typical load of 12 semester-hours of undergraduate courses each semester in the area of psychology in face-to-face, hybrid, and online formats.
- Develops and designs curriculum plans to foster student learning, stimulate class discussions, and ensures student engagement.
- Provides advisement, tutoring and academic counseling to students as needed.
- Maintains classes related records, and assesses student coursework.
- Collaborates and supports colleagues regarding research interests and co-curricular activities.
- Participates in departmental activities and campus life in such events as open house, B-P-R-B Colloquium, graduating seniors banquet, etc.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Requires a PhD or terminal degree in Psychology.
- Considerable teaching experience at undergraduate level in traditional classroom settings and online.
- Proven record of publications in refereed journals and other scholarly sources.
- Ability to obtain and manage grants from external sources.
- Ability to communicate effectively, participate in departmental and university activities, and mentor students.
- Earned Ph.D. from accredited and reputable institution.
- Three or more years of experience.
- Interactively engaging students to develop their enhanced critical thinking skills.
- Communication at all levels and student mentoring.
This position is opened until filled. The finalists will be required to submit to background investigation consistent with the policy of the University System of Georgia. Additional information about FVSU is available at http://www.fvsu.edu/.
This position starts January 19, 2021. For full consideration, all required documents must be submitted. The reviewing and interviewing of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The application packet must include the following:
- A letter of interest that addresses the responsibilities and qualifications of the position;
- Current curriculum vitae;
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts;
- At least five references with full contact information including emails. (References will not be contacted without consent from applicants);
- Additional information will be requested upon receipt of application.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact FVSU's Office of Human Resources at email@example.com or (478)825-6301.
Fort Valley State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate against applicants, students or employees on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or marital or veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Fort Valley
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Fort Valley
- Other Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Fort Valley
- Psychology Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Fort Valley