Assistant/Associate Professor of Visual and Performing Arts - Tenure Track
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor of Visual and Performing Arts in the College of Arts and Sciences.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
This position is a tenure-track, full-time, 10-month academic year Assistant/Associate Professor position available in the Department of Visual and Performing Arts, Media Studies, Languages and Liberal Studies. This position will teach various undergraduate Arts (ARTH) courses; mentor students; aid in the recruitment and retention of students; serve on departmental, college and university level committees; participate in community service and outreach programs; and contribute to developing curricula and programs in the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach courses on campus face-to-face in digital, visual and performing arts;
- Aid in the recruitment and retention of students;
- Actively engage in scholarly production focused on traditional and new media;
- Exhibit a strong commitment to scholarship, research and strengthening the programs in the department;
- Advise and mentor students and support student production projects and activities;
- Develop needed and appropriate coursework;
- Serve on departmental, college and university level committees;
- Participate in community service and outreach programs of the institution;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and other programs, departments and/or colleges;
- Teach 12-15 credit hours of courses in physical, face-to-face classroom setting;
- Maintain a minimum of ten (10) office hours per week; and
- Report to campus a minimum of three (3) days a week.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the faculty member will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position.
- Doctorate in journalism or media studies or related area with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, advise and mentor.
- Demonstrated ability to foster relationships with students and colleagues.
- Experience teaching in a traditional classroom setting.
- Evidence of professional journalistic output and practical experience, particularly in new forms of multimedia, and data journalism and digital innovation.
- Evidence of a strong research agenda.
- Personal suitability and motivation for the position, program, department and university.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- 18(+) earned credit hours in Art, (ARTH) and/or Visual Arts course work.
- Ability to produce professional art or visual artic content, using the latest programs, techniques and technologies.
- Mastery of various quantitative or qualitative research methods, or both.
- Ability to teach art, data visualization, and other specialized research areas.
- Knowledge of new digital and data methodologies and approaches both in research and art production.
To be considered for this position, please include the following:
- A letter of application that addresses the responsibilities and qualifications of the position;
- Current curriculum vitae;
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts;
- At least five references with full contact information including emails. (References will not be contacted without consent from applicants);
- Additional information will be requested upon receipt of application.
If you have any issues and/or concerns with submitting materials for this position, please contact Fort Valley State University's Office of Human Resources at email@example.com or (478)825-6301.
Fort Valley State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate against applicants, students or employees on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or marital or veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Fort Valley
- Communications Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Fort Valley
- Film & Video Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Fort Valley
- Media Studies Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Fort Valley